Rise Above.....at Word-Filled Wednesday!

"but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength.....they will soar on wings like eagles..." -Isaiah 40:31


I love this picture! If you look closely, you can see that Aly is in the air above the buildings. It almost looks like she is flying like Superman! We took this picture at Willis (the Sears) Tower. You can walk out into the observation deck, into a glass "case", including a glass floor. It really gives you the sensation that you are flying in the air high above the ground. You are 30 stories up....


You have to put your fears aside....and TRUST.


Isaiah tells us to do the same! "Those who hope in the Lord..." When we TRUST God, we will RISE ABOVE
temptation....fear.....doubt....


We will soar, high above the distractions of the world- the "hustle and bustle" of the city.

16 thoughts shared....:

My Memories and Crystals said...

Amen! this is my hubby's favorite verse. Thanks for sharing.

Jackeline Salva Cagas-Paraiso said...

wow.. so scary... i do have fear on heights

Lana G! said...

That is so cool! Great verse to go with the picture!

Heather @ Marine Corps Nomads said...

That is a very cool picture. It's critical that we place our trust in God. Without Him, we really are nothing.

ozjane said...

Both sitting here and taking the picture are brave
But the verse is fabulous....I need it to push me through tonight's tas....even though morning is technically here.

ozjane said...

Both sitting here and taking the picture are brave
But the verse is fabulous....I need it to push me through tonight's tas....even though morning is technically here.

Karen said...

Great visual to go with this scripture...it's all about trusting...

Susan said...

Oh my...

Not sure I would be brave enough to step out there!!! (literally)

We didn't get to see the Sears Tower when we went to New York.

Great word and your daughter is just adorable~

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Thanks for the encouraging verse.

Joyfull said...

What a great picture to bring this verse to life! Love it. Thanks for sharing.

life's journey said...

Oh I love this verse one of my fav...Thanks for sharing. Mine is up also...

Twinkle Mom @ Sunflower Faith said...

This had my heart beating due to having a fear of heights but I think, well, wonder if such a thing could have cure me or reinforced it. LOL

It's so true that we have to have trust in Him and we can't have fear and trust.

That's something I've gave to Him this year is helping me overcome my fears that keep me grounded.

It's not an overnight process but by opening our hearts to Him, it lets Him come and work in and through us the way HE sees fit.

Kim said...

Fabulous photo and such a great reminder of trust even when it appears that we shouldn't... Wow!
Blessings, Kim
p.s. I'd love to have you stop by and visit my WW post.

lori said...

Whoa! That is awesome! I LOVE it...I was worried I'd come here and see the tongue:)! Happy New Year girlfriend...still wishing you were a next door neighbor!

Hey...those Hawkeyes looked mighty fine last night too!

happy WFW!

love ya!
lori

GranthamLynn said...

Oh wow. It is a cool photo. I love the verse. Great combo. Thanks for the reminder to trust.
Thanks for sharing this,
Sherry

Cathy said...

Looks scary to me too, but I love the picture and verse.