Is this "my" season?



I love this picture! We had amazing days last week with beautiful winter scenes. Believe it or not, this is NOT snow on the trees, but frost. We had warm weather and extreme fog, which made for frozen fog in the mornings and an incredible frost. The sky almost had a blue tint and outside reminded me of Narnia!
It was such a VISUAL reminder of how CREATIVE God is!
Which reminds me of the Nurturing Creativity conference...
On Monday, I spoke about too much ACTIVITY in our lives and being too BUSY. I shared that we need to let go of GOOD things at times because it is not the right SEASON of doing it.
God places these incredible desires and dreams in our hearts, but sometimes we "jump out ahead" of Him....not waiting on His timing. We have to remember that there are SEASONS of our lives.
As a gardener, I am aware that I never REAP in the same season that I sow. When I plant the seed, I have to nourish it......and wait patiently before it produces fruit.
And, living in the Midwest, it is so fun to watch the crops grow. Farmers plant in the spring, wait all summer and harvest in the fall. They NEVER harvest the same season they plant!
Sometimes God needs several seasons of our lives to nourish and grow the dream. He wants us to stay faithful to it....believing in Him and that all things are possible....but waiting ON HIM AND HIS TIMING!


Lord, thank You that You have good plans for me. Thank You that Your timing is perfect. Lord, help me to be patient waiting for Your best timing. I love You, Lord! In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.


Please go HERE to link to more WFW!

9 thoughts shared....:

Joan Hall said...

Tracy:

Your post blessed me today. I'm often guilty of wanting to get ahead of God and jump to the next "season" of my life.

Beautiful picture!

Blessings,
Joan

life's journey said...

Yes it is true there is a season of everything...Happy WFW! Mine is up.

Chelle said...

Beautiful!!!

Leah Adams said...

Tracy,

What a wonderful reminder. We never harvest in the same season that we plant. That, my friend, is a word for me. Thanks.

Leah

Susan said...

Tracy,

This picture is just "breath-taking"!!!

Yes, there are seasons in our lives.

I'm so blessed to know that He makes ALL THINGS BEAUTIFUL in all of them.

Thank so much for joining us today at WFW!

Joyfull said...

Awesome photo and a very encouraging word for today. Thanks for sharing and being a blessing.

Karen said...

It would be boring without the changing seasons! Thank God for His beauty and grace in every season of life.

lori said...

You were right behind me this morning!
Your talk was Anointed! It truly was and confirmed so much that has been on my heart...

How is the baby girl doing???
I thought about her and prayed for her last night...

I'll email you later...just got back from the dentist...MY LEAST favorite place on the planet!:)
I SURVIVED!

HUGS to you and that PICTURE is absolutely GORGEOUS...I hope you are framing that one!!

love you!
lori

Cathy said...

A very beautiful picture and verse, thank you ~ Blessings ~