Thankful Thursday


Because yesterday was Andrew's birthday, I would like to give thanks today for him! Andrew turned 12 yesterday and he is our oldest. This picture is him dressed up as a pirate to "scare" the little boys at Aaron's birthday party a couple of weeks ago. He was so sweet at that party- letting them chase and jump on him. They all loved Andrew and it made Aaron's day to have his big brother part of it- playing with all of them.


Thank you, God for my Andrew, who is sweet, kind, funny, and caring. He has a deep sense of justice and gets angry when things are not the way they "should" be. He makes us laugh constantly and has a deep desire to make people happy.

Thank you God, for Andrew my helper. He has always been such a "little man," always helping me. He helps take care of his younger siblings, will help clean the house. He vaccuums, dusts, sweeps, washes counters, and even does his laundry! He helps his dad and will even clean and sweep the garage without being asked.

Thank you, God for Andrew my thinker. He is a deep thinker and will often have us pondering issues that we wouldn't have. He is often thinking about the "whys" in life.

Lord, this child is such a blessing to us and I am so thankful for him. He is such a good boy. He has a heart for you and loves you.

Lord, I also pray for Andrew. I pray, Lord that Andrew would "love the Lord with all of his heart, soul, mind, and strength." I pray that Andrew would grow strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. I pray that you, Lord, would pour out your wisdom on Andrew and that you would grow in him the fear of the Lord, which is the beginning of wisdom. Lord, I pray that the favor of the Lord would be upon him and all that Andrew touches will prosper. I thank you for your protection around Andrew and that "no weapon formed against Andrew will prosper." Lord, fill his heart with a relationship with you! Lord, grow his love for you. In Jesus' name I pray. Amen!

For more Thanksgiving, please visit Iris at Sting my Heart! Blessings!

http://www.eph2810.com/?p=786


10 thoughts shared....:

Susie said...

Your Andrew sounds precious! A boy who helps with housework is a true treasure. I think I'll show my son Seth this post. Hee Hee. Glad I stopped by for a visit. I will be attending the "She Speaks" conference for the first time in June and I'm so excited. I'm not a speaker, just a wanna be writer for Him. Be blessed!

Tracy said...

You must be so proud of your son! What a blessing! Sharing praise right along with you.

Happy TT!
Tracy

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

Andrew sounds like a wonderful young man. That is such a great blessing. You have done a good job raising him. Keep up th good work.

Heather said...

What a great son you have! Happy Birthday!

Denise said...

I hope that both of your boys enjoyed their birthdays. May God bless them both all the days of their lives.

Melanie said...

Andrew sounds like a precious child -- you are so blessed!

Nancie said...

Thank you for sharing such a lovely thankful post! Thank God for Andrew. Such a blessing to have this precious child!

May God bless and keep Andrew and Aaron near to Him that they will grow up to be men after God's own heart. May God keep you and your dear family in His love always. Have a blessed day!

Unknown said...

What beautiful words from a Mommy-heart for her first born! May Andrew continue to walk with the Lord and be a blessing to others!

eph2810 said...

Wow - your boy does his own laundry at the age of 12. How cool is that? It seems that the Lord has given your sweet boy a servant's heart.
Happy belated birthday to Andrew. I hope that he had a great birthday.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Be blessed today and always...

Shari said...

He sounds like a neat kid. I love his sense of justice. God will probably use that quality in a special way.