Miracle Monday



It's Monday! And, it's another opportunity to look around in our lives to see how God has worked and is working in our lives. Lord, give me eternal eyes to see You! May I never miss Your hand working in my life. May I NEVER forget or become too proud to give You glory, Lord.

I had the awesome opportunity this past weekend to spend time with my precious mom. She lives "across the miles" and we don't see one another as much as either one of us would like- especially this past winter with all of the bad weather. So, it had been since February...long over due!

My mom is an incredible person and I wish I had more time to tell you how amazing she is. Hmmmm.....maybe another MM. Over the weekend I sat down with mom and asked her to share all she could remember about her childhood. We sat for hours as I asked questioned and she remembered long forgotten details.

I want to share a miracle that mom told me about and that reminded me of Denise when she shared her fire story last week.

When my mom was a teenager she did a lot of babysitting. Once when she was babysitting, she went down to "bank the furnace," which meant she had to put coal into it. When she opened the furnace door, it exploded in her face, burning her badly. Her sweater caught fire and when she put it out, her hands were also badly burned. She said she ran upstairs and put cold water on her face and hands. In those days, doctors did not recommend COLD water on burns, but warm water. Now though, doctors have told my mom that it was the cold water that probably helped her not to scar.

My mom was in the hospital for several weeks with her head wrapped in bandages. She said everyday a nurse would come in and put ointment on her wounds. She did not like being in the hospital because she was lonely and scared. But, she said she turned to God for comfort and prayed constantly for God to heal her and that she wouldn't have scars.

It is amazing- my mom doesn't have one scar on her face or hands. It truly is a miracle!

And, what a miracle to comfort and heal a young girl, both physically and emotionally. Our God is an amazing, gentle, caring, and loving God. He is a God that answers prayers.

I pray, just as the nurse came in to put ointment on my mom every day, that you will turn to Him and allow Him to put His healing ointment on all of your wounds. He wants to heal you of every "fire" and "explosion" you have experienced. Allow Him to comfort you today.

For more amazing miracles, please visit Beth at a Mom's Life!

6 thoughts shared....:

Beth Cotell said...

What a great miracle! And thank you so much for the lovely prayer at the end of your post!

Beth
www.beth-amomslife.blogspot.com

Denise said...

Praise God for His precious healing, miracles do happen. Thanks for sharing.

Chelle said...

Hooray for moms! Mine will be here Thursday, and I cannot wait!!!! We are blessed to have such incredible women for mothers, aren't we? :)

Melanie said...

God is truly so very amazing and works in such wonderful ways! I'm so glad I visited today to read of the miracle your mother experienced.

Tonya said...

What an AMAZING story! Isn't it awesome how GOD led your Mom to put the cool water instead of warm? It always blows me away to look back and see how HE provided.

Thanks for sharing this miracle!

Jennifer C. Valerie said...

Hi Tracy
thanks for expressing your concern. I am feeling much better. I'm glad you got to spend the time with your mom. My mom lives all the way in New York and I miss being able to see her. Have a blessed week.
Jenn