Thankful Thursday


In honor of Valentine's Day, I am going to thank God for my sweet honey! I am so thankful for this wonderful man who has blessed my life in so many ways.

I am thankful that he is patient with my immaturity, my selfishness, my self-centered-ness!

Love is patient.

I am so thankful that he forgives me. I am so glad that he overlooks my flaws...my mistakes...my sin!

Love covers a multitude of sin.

I am so thankful that even though there was a time in my marriage that I would not have blamed my beloved for asking for a divorce, God gave him the grace to stay with me! I did so many stupid things in my youth! And, I would have told you that I was perfectly justified, the one who was "right." I thought HE needed to change, needed to do for me, needed to be different.....

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others.

Looking back, I see that I was so WRONG!

Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with
compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Bear with each other
and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the
Lord forgave you. And over all these virtues put on love, which binds them all
together in perfect unity.

And, I am so thankful that by the grace of God we survived those difficult days and that now we have a healthy, strong marriage with no possibility of divorce. I am thankful for the commitment and the "forever" attitude that we both share.

The man said, "This is now bone of my bones and flesh of my
flesh; she shall be called 'woman,' for she was taken out of man." For this
reason a man will leave his father and mother and be united to his wife, and
they will become one flesh.

Lord, thank You that even if I didn't have Brian, YOU call ME Beloved. You love ME with an unending LOVE. You are my TRUE LOVE and the hero of my love story.

Please visit Iris at Grace Alone to read more Thursday Thankfulness!

13 thoughts shared....:

mama's smitten said...

What a wonderful appreciation!

Denise said...

Very beautiful tribute to your hubby.

Unknown said...

Tracy,

Perfect post for this V-day. I know your heart as I was that insecure girl too. I am glad my husband didn't give up on me either. Have a great TT. Hugs. Happy V-day!

Grammy said...

I enjoyed your post very much. Happy Valentines day to you.

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Inspiring. Thanks.

smooches,
Larie

Jennifer said...

Beautiful thankful list!

Happy TT!

LAURIE said...

What a beautiful tribute to your sweetie. May your journey together continue to be built in love and devotion. Happy TT!

i said...

What a blessing to have such a loving husband! Happy TT!

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful Tracy! I'm thankful for my husband and God's love too.

Bless you and happy TT!
Beth

Laurie Ann said...

What a great post, Tracy! I love how you've expressed your love for Brian here, and shown his love for you in pairing it up with these thought-provoking Scriptures! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Marsha said...

What a stirring tribute to the man you love!

Have a blessed weekend.

Kathryn said...

What a precious blessing for your husband, Tracy!

Up Close said...

Hello! May God bless you and keep you and He may answer you prayers today! God bless!