Gathering At the Well

Welcome back to the Well!


This is the kick-off to the the "NEW" Well! We will still be gathering each Monday to ponder together, learn from each other, and encourage one another, but now there will also be DAILY devotions to challenge and encourage you. You can visit the new site to drink in Godly teaching, or better yet, sign up to get the daily emails.

For today's topic, we go back to the "beginning", and look back at our inspiration for the Well, becoming a "Titus 2" woman. Here are the questions to get you thinking:

When you read the Scripture found in Titus 2: 2-5, how do you
see this playing out in your own life?

What are your areas of strength? Of weakness?

If you could set some sort of goal in relation to this
Scripture, what would it be?

3Likewise, teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is good. 4Then they can train the younger women to love their husbands and children, 5to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word of God.

As I have pondered this, I wanted to first talk about "training the younger women..." I think often we can get caught up in the idea that maybe we "don't have daughters, so maybe this doesn't apply to us." But, the passage says "younger women," not necessarily DAUGHTERS.

I have many "daughters." I have my own three precious girls the Lord has blessed me with to love and raise in our family. But, I have 10 sweet girls who come to my home every Wednesday afternoon for our "club"- God's Girls- to read the Word together, make a craft, laugh, learn about our Lord and His love, serve Him, and have fun. I have a group of 12 women who come every Monday evening to a small group Bible Study that I lead. Over the past 10 years, I have had the opportunity to mentor many more who have come into the group and "moved on" for various reasons. These precious ones are still so important to me, and I feel a "responsibiltiy" in a sense for how they are growing spiritually. What I mean- NOT that I take "credit" for their walk with the Lord, but that I care "how they are doing." Are they growing? Reading the Word? Still seeking Him? I have several dear Sisters through blogging that I am "training".

And, the funny thing is, some of my "daughters" are younger than me, but some are OLDER! I am their "Spiritual Mama". I am a little further down the road than they are in the area of their spiritual lives, so God has blessed me with the opportunity to mentor them.



You, see, God crosses our paths with so many women- some a little "older and wiser," some needing guidance and wisdom. As iron sharpens iron, He wants us to encourage, teach, and challenge one another. And, He gives us spiritual "children" and "spiritual mamas." To read about my "Spiritual Mama," click here.



How do we "train up" these daughters? I believe first and foremost it is by how WE LIVE! Am I reverant? Pure? Kind? How do I love my husband? My children? Submissive to Brian? Am I busy at home? Or am I busy "in the world?" Do I seek God above all else?

Remember the saying "actions speak louder than words?" What do my actions SPEAK? Am I truly trying to live out a "Titus 2" lifestyle?

My "daughters" know that I am FAR FROM PERFECT in these areas of Titus 2! I share with them my struggles. I am honest. I am authentic. I DON'T PRETEND that I "have it all together!" Like Paul, I have not yet been made perfect! But, forgetting what is behind, straining towards what is ahead, I PRESS ON!


My greatest challenge is "loving my husband" and "loving my children." Does that shock you? Let me explain!

I struggle with loving myself more! I know that LOVE, true love, is self-less. I tend to worry too much about how I FEEL. If my husband (and now my "tweenager"!) has offended me. My prayer is that, as I become "more like Jesus," reflecting His Light, that I will think far less of myself. There are times I am "great" at it. There are times I fail miserably. Thank You, Lord, for Your grace and Your forgiveness!


What about you? Are there areas where you would like to grow this year as a "Titus 2" woman? What is God pressing upon YOUR heart as you read this passage?

Won't you join us this week in pondering what it means to be a Titus 2 woman? Please stop by the Well for a list of other "daughters" and "mothers", true SISTERS in Christ, who are also gathering for a drink.


8 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Tracy,
I love your transparency in sharing your weaknesses. I think if we were all honest we would all see that we tend to struggle with "self" more than we want!

You are so right too that wisdom comes oftentimes with experience and not jut with age and grey hair! :) We are all at different points in our journey with the Father and therefore always will have something to offer to someone!

Great post today Tracy. Thank you for being a part of this ministry and thank you for participating today At the Well.

Denise said...

Such a lovely post my friend.

Laurie Ann said...

Tracy, I'm so glad you have so many areas to minister in. You are such a blessing to others. Great post At the Well today!

lori said...

You know what Tracy I AGREE with you that we teach SO MUCH in our failures and imperfectness...As much as I hate for my kids to SEE that I'm not perfect...it is what they NEED to see....

Have I ever told you that I wished you lived next door!! MAN, we just think so much alike! :)

Have a great one!!
lori

LAURIE said...

Tracy,
Great post today over AT THE WELL. I was reminded when I was reading your thoughts that ALL of us are older than someone... thus we are ALL teaching in way or another. -God bless, Laurie

Beth in NC said...

I share in your weaknesses. God can definitely work with us as His truth shines in on these areas.

I'm sure you are such a blessing to so many!

Bless you Tracy!
Beth

Anonymous said...

pressing on also sister! great post!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Thank you Tracy. This makes it easier for me to admit my imperfections.

smooches,
Larie