Taken

We saw a great movie last night, "Taken." (Not your typical "Valentine's Day movie....) I have to preface the rest of this post by saying that I LOVE action, spy, detective-type suspenseful thrillers. I love stories where the good guys "get" the bad guys. When I was little, I wanted to be a "Charlie's Angel" when I grew up. They were smart, could fight, solve a crime, and still look pretty!

This story begins when Liam Nieson's daughter goes to Europe with her friend unchaperoned, against his better judgement. Being an ex-government "preventer" (he tells his daughter, "I prevented bad things from happening" when she asked what his job was), Dad doesn't want Kimmy to go. But, Kimmy and her mom (ex-wife) poo-poo him, making him feel like an "out of touch", overprotective dad.
So, he lets Kimmy go. You guessed it, she gets "taken".
Kimmy and her friend are stolen and put into the sex slave trade. Dad only has 72 hours to find her. What he finds will break your heart. Not because it is a movie.
Because it is a reality.
PLEASE watch this video or this video.
This is a heartbreaking reality of the world we live in. Please pray for these girls. Please pray that these men would see the Light of Jesus Christ and know they are wrong.
Pray for God to vindicate this injustice. Pray that He would break the yoke of this slavery.
...do not fret...for evil men will be cut off...
A little while, and the wicked will be no more...
Psalm 37:8-10
Lord, I know Your heart breaks when You see this torture of Your precious children. Lord, as I weep and mourn when I see this horrible injustice against human life, how much more You must feel....how sad this must make You.....how angry.
Lord, help us.
Please be aware of this horrendous travesty. Tell others. Give to organizations that help. Joyce Meyer has a program that helps as does Life Today.
Make a difference.


7 thoughts shared....:

gail said...

thanks for the review. my hubby and i were thinking of seeing that movie, but weren't sure. we both love action, good guys vs bad guys movies too.

my heart breaks for the sex slave traffic too. and i love the verse you posted. i'm praying for God's justice too.

Kathryn said...

Tracy, this is the second recommendation I've received for "Taken" this week.

Thank you for sharing the information and the videos. It is heartbreaking and sickening ... and disturbing that people are so unaware of this prevalent demonic bondage.

I can only have hope in the promise that "The LORD works righteousness and justice for all the oppressed." (Psalm 103:6)

Denise said...

We should all pray about this my friend. Happy Valentines Day.

Screwed Up Texan said...

Sounds like a good movie to watch with a topic we should all be more concerned about.

Thank you for the comment on my blog, I posted a reply there.

Lilye said...

Seen this movie. It is a great movie.

Anonymous said...

Human Trafficing has been something that God has really put on my heart. Here are a few more ministries for you to take a look at as well

www.love146.org
http://www.thehomefoundation.net

gail said...

we went and saw it on monday after reading your review. it really hit me hard. i'm going to post a review on my blog tomorrow or sat. and i want to point people to your post too. christians need to be aware of this and start praying and participating in ways to stop the horror.