I'm at the Cafe Today....Please visit me there!

I have a 12 year old son who loves the Star Wars Saga. There are many awesome lessons to teach through these movies. But, as we were watching Episode III the last time, I realized again how important it is to LISTEN to what is being said (both intentionally and unintentionally), talk to my kids about the "message," and always remember that the secular world is usually not a "friend" to Christianity.

In this episode, Anakin, the once noble Jedi knight, has alligned himself to the evil Dark Side.

When he is battling his teacher, Obi Wan Kanobi, Anakin says,
"If you are not with me, you're against me."

Master Kanobi responds, "Only Siths (evil) deal in absolutes."

When I heard this, a chill went down my spine. I had probably watched this movie at least three times before, but hadn't noticed it until now.

Anakin's words sounded much like Jesus' when He said,


"He who is not with Me is against Me..." (Luke 11:23)

Evil Siths deal in abolutes.

Absolute Truth= Evil

Is the Bible absolute truth? Is the Bible like the Siths?

Do you see the confusion a child may have?

It can be a confusing to be "in the world, but not of the world "(John 7:14-15). As Believers, we LIVE in this world and we are to be SALT and LIGHT to those around us in the world, but we don't want the "world" to BE IN US.



To finish reading this devotion, please visit the Cafe!


2 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Wonderful devotion my friend.

Rebecca said...

I read this and my question was, how did you handle it with your son? Maybe that's personal, and I understand if you don't want to share. But I couldn't help wondering, did you have a conversation about it? I picture these situations as our girls get older, and wonder what other mothers do. Just seeking some advice I guess. I know how my parents handled things when we were young, and I don't want to make the same mistakes.