I am a Christian

A friend just emailed me this...

She didn't know the author.

When I say… ‘I am a Christian…I’m not shouting I’m clean livin’, I’m whispering ‘I was lost, now I’m found and forgiven.’


When I say…’I’m a Christian’I don’t speak with pride. I’m confessing that I stumble and need Christ to be my guide.


When I say... ‘I’m a Christian’I’m not trying to be strong. I’m professing that I’m weak and need His strength to carry on.


When I say…’I’m a Christian’I’m not bragging of success. I’m admitting I have failed and need God to clean my mess.


When I say…’I’m a Christian’Im not claiming I’m perfect, my flaws are far too visible but God believes I am worth it.


When I say…’I’m a Christian’I still feel the sting of pain… I have my share of heartaches, so I call upon His name.


When I say…’I’m a Christian’I’m not holier than thou, I’m just a simple sinner who received God’s good grace, somehow!


It is all about God’s grace and I’m grateful He has chosen to lavish it upon me.


2 thoughts shared....:

Beth in NC said...

That is beautiful Tracy!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

I really like this Tracy.

smooches,
Larie