Thankful Thursday



Welcome to Thankful Thursday! I love this day for several reasons~ I think it does our hearts good to think about all of our blessings, it is one day away from FRIDAY- which means Family Fun Night, and Thursday is garbage day at our house. There is nothing like a home free of garbage.....hmmmm.......THAT would be an interesting post!

Please make sure you visit Iris at Sting My Heart to read more thankful hearts! I just love an attitude full of gratitude!

Oh, Lord, today I was thinking about a Joyce Meyer show I saw the other day about missionaries in China. It made me think about how blessed I am that I can worship You openly anywhere, anytime. I can carry my Bible anywhere and read it openly. I can attend worship services without fear of being caught, imprisoned, beaten, or killed. I have religious freedom! That makes me realize that I need to be aware and active in keeping these freedoms!

And, as I was thinking about all of these things, I was walking through my home. We are so blessed to have a beautiful two story home in wonderful neighborhood. We love where we live in Iowa. It is a great place to raise families. I thought about how I can easily fall into the comparison game of wishing my house were better decorated or furnished or that the basement was finished.......Oh, how this can take my heart out of contentment right into DISCONTENT! I want to rest in contentment in You, Lord!

As I was pondering all of this, I thought of the song by Chris Rice, "The Face of Christ."

If you get a chance, click here to watch an awesome video to illustrate this song.

The song talks about how we can't choose where we were born, the color of our skin, if "daddy would be rich or if mama would stick around at all". It really reminded me of how blessed I am to live in America, to have had the opportunities I've had...that my husband is successful in his work....that I am healthy in body and mind....

I am so blessed! I have a Savior who loves me.....a God who cares for me.

If that weren't enough, I have a wonderful husband who loves me.

If that weren't enough, I have 5 amazing children who adore me (most days).

If that weren't enough, I have a church family that would do anything for me if I needed.

If that weren't enough, I have wonderful friends who love me and help me and "fill in" for a family who lives so far away.

If that weren't enough, I have a beautiful extended family, which can be quirky at times, that fills me with such joy.

If that weren't enough, God has graced me with opportunities to help others, to use the creative talents He has given me, to fulfill me in these "productive" areas.

If that weren't enough, I was warmed with sunshine on my face, a cool breeze blowing my hair, and the fragrant smell of lilacs in the air.........just today. Oh, my God is good.

12 thoughts shared....:

Nancie said...

Such a sweet thankful post! Thank God for His many blessings upon you. It's really wonderful to have a loving husband and children who love God and you. You are truly blessed! Thanks for sharing with us. Have a blessed day!

Anonymous said...

thank God for all His blessings. praise God! happy TT.

♥.Trish.♥ Drumboys said...

what beautiful reasons to be thankful -you are much blessed.

When we feel troubled we should consider how really blessed we are compared to our brothers and sisters in China/Burma and the likes facing such awful disasters.
Thanks for sharing and reminding me.

My Little Drummer boys

Denise said...

You are truly blessed my friend, love you.

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks for sharing your thankful heart is sweet. Take care always Tracy and may God bless you and your family.

Anonymous said...

I love your blog so much I signed up for the feedburner posts. So yours was the first TT I read this morning - right in my inbox too.

I think the 2nd highest form of thankfulness is service -helping others (the highest is worship).

You are an encouragement. Thank you so much for sharing.

Love Bears All Things said...

This was so beautiful! I met with my Christian Women's prayer ladies yesterday at a Shoney's. I think they called them Big Boys in the North. We meet in a room, read from a book, list our prayer requests, name our praises and then take turns prayer out loud. Afterward we eat and fellowship. Oftentimes someone will see us, because there are windows all around our room looking out into the resturant,and ask us to pray for someone or even themselves. The sweet girl who serves us each month will share prayer requests she has and we always pray for her. I was just thinking as I read your post, what might happen in a country where they do not have these freedoms. A lot to be thankful for, being able to practice our faith openly.
Mama BEar

Heather said...

Thanksgiving does keep things in perspective. We could look at what we DON'T have, or we could look at all that we DO have. Abundantly more than many people around the world could ever imagine. And besides that, spiritual blessings abound!

LAURIE said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog today. I love TT also, because we have the opportunity to share our gratitude to Jesus Christ and His ways. It is the highlight of my week. I enjoyed your TT about contentment, something we can all be reminded about. - Blessings, Laurie

Mary said...

Oh, thank you for your sweet heart! Yes we are very blessed to be where we are. I have friends helping with the earthquake in China. Wow. There are no words. Blessings on your weekend.

Unknown said...

What a beautiful post! God is so good to shower us with blessings beyond our imaginations!

I love that Chris Rice song. We may not be able to choose where we start in life, but we sure do have a choice in how we spend eternity! Amen!

eph2810 said...

Amen to that, Tracy. You are so right - sometimes our mind wanders and all of a sudden we 'feel' discontent. We have so much to be grateful for. I too like a trash-free home and a trash-free heart for that matter.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and your precious family.