Thankful Thursday


Father God, I am so thankful for You in my life! I would be lost without You! Thank You that You "fill my cup" to overflowing and when I am "down" You pick me up. Lord, You are precious. You are awesome. You are magnificent. I adore You. Lord Jesus, I would be lost without You.


I am so thankful for my precious children! Abigail, our 1 year old is constantly making us giggle. She is so sweet and loves to snuggle. She grabs on and just hugs as tightly as she can. I could just "dunk her in my coffee and eat her up!"


I am so thankful for sweet Aaron, 5. Thank You Lord, for precious time with him before he goes to kindergarten next year. I love that he still wants me to climb in bed with him, sing him songs, read him books, and scratch his back.


I am so thankful for Aly. She has developed such a funny sense of humor and I am laughing to myself right now as I picture her in my mind. She loves to make silly faces, and with no teeth (she's 7) thanks to that tooth fairy, she looks hilarious!


I am so thankful for my Ashley. Her smile is contagious and I love that she is always pondering things. She is growing up so fast (9) and I am so thankful for her wisdom at such a young age. She reminds me so much of myself (which can be challenging sometimes!)


And, my Andrew.....Thank You, God, for our first born. He is such a good boy (young man....). Yesterday, we were having our "God's Girls" club after school, and Andrew helped me get ready- putting away his laundry, sweeping the floor, getting out the supplies......Lord, thank You for this precious blessing in my life. He is growing up so fast. (Sigh)


Father God, thank You, thank You, thank You for my dear hubby. I am so grateful for Him.


God, thanks, too, for the blessing of dear friends, both IRL and bloggy! I have to say thank You, God for my new bloggy friend, Lori! I have appreciated her heart through her writing for some time, but have had the opportunity to get to know her better recently. Lord, she is just precious! And, I have found someone who appreciates the use of explanation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, using ......................., and writing more than 1 o in the word soooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! And, she even quotes High School Musical! Seriously, Lord, thank You for bringing women together online to encourage one another, to edify one another, to build one another up in the faith..... Truly, what the enemy means for evil (the Internet), You can use for Your glory! Thank You, God!


Finally (not really, but the post is getting long!), I am so thankful for the dear faith leaders in our children's ministry at church. Last night was the last Wed. night program of the school year and I am so thankful for these dedicated people. They have given their time and themselves for the whole year, faithfully being there so that our kids could meet together, worship, learn about Jesus, pray together, and build relationships. Lord, thank You so much for these volunteers!


And, again, Lord, I am so thankful for You. Praise You, Lord!

For more Thankful Thursday, please visit Iris at Sting my Heart!

http://www.eph2810.com/?p=789

11 thoughts shared....:

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

This was just great! Hope you have a wonderful day. Now, if you are talking about the same Lori I have come to love also, you are right, she is soooooooooooooooo awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Blesssings to you my friend♥

Denise said...

I am thankful for you, and your beautiful spirit. May God sweetly bless your dear children.

Sharon said...

Children are such a gift and you are obviously enjoying yours. May the Lord continue to enrich your experience.

Sharon,
thereservoir.wordpress.com

Tracy said...

What a beautiful list! Thank you for sharing. Being still a newby to blogging, I am astounded at the world of new sisters in Chirst that has been opened to me! Such depth, such encouragement and such fun!

Thankful for you and your blog. It's one of my favorites! = )

Anonymous said...

What a blessing children are! I too am thankful for my girls!
I need to remember that He desires to fill my cup to overflowing!

Karen Hossink said...

How old is Andrew???
I look forward to the day my son will put his clothes away and sweep the floor for me. (OK, he helps already, but it takes so much prodding...) I just want to know how long I'm going to need to wait. *grin*

Heather said...

Tracy,
You have such a thankful heart today. I enjoyed this. I have to agree about great bloggy friends - the conversations between a few friends last night ended my day on a bright note. And being a part of the cafe is such a privilege!

Linda aka yellowroseli said...

This is a wonderful TT post. I love your love for your children. Keep trusting Jesus

eph2810 said...

How sweet that you have shared a little about your children today. It sounds like God has blessed you with some really neat kids. I still marvel over Andrew. How cool that he is helping you around the house - even when you have the girls-club at your house.

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Nancie said...

Thank God for blessing you with such lovely children. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. God bless!

Shari said...

You were such a super, appreciative woman on Thursday. It's so neat to read that there are volunteers dedicated to your children's ministry. Our church is fortunate for similar godly workers. It's such an important ministry.