Thankful Thursday


Father God, I am so thankful for all of the messes in my house. You reminded me yesterday that there won't always be messes in my house.......This is a season of life, and seasons change....enjoy this season now. I don't want to be so concerned about the MESS, but enjoy the "mess maker!" Our little Abigail (1) is in to everything! She escapes from baby gates, pushes toy containers over to the couch to climb on it, pulls out all of my plastic cups from the cupboard, pulls off all of the refrigerator magnets, plays in the toilet, empties the dipe wipe container, gets into the dog's food bowl, pulls all of the items off of the bottom shelf of the pantry (and drops them off throughout the house)......need I go on????????

Oh, Lord, these little fingerprints on the front door window will not always be here. I am so thankful for this season of life. Andrew (12) will be grown and on his own by the time Abigail is his age.....how fast the time goes. Yes, Lord, I am thankful for these messes.

Lord, I am thankful for the 12 loads of laundry that I MUST do today! I am thankful for the little bodies that wear them and thankful that we have beautiful clothes to wear.....

Oh, Lord, I am soooooooooooooo thankful for this spring day. Help me God not to get too focused on my chores today to not notice the warm sunshine, the glorious warm breeze, to hear the birds sing, and to enjoy the tulips as they finish out their "season." Lord, I thank You for Your beauty. How creation sings of Your glorious, majestic Presence.

Lord, thank You for loving me. Thank You for Your precious gift of Jesus Christ. Thank You for the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me today.

Bless You, Lord. Thank You.

Please visit Iris at Sting My Heart for more wonderful gratitude to our glorious God! http://www.eph2810.com/?p=794

Have a blessed day.

13 thoughts shared....:

Anonymous said...

How true!!! Thank you for the reminder that they will not always be little, making a mess as they explore God's great world!

Melanie said...

Tracy, I love your post today and it is something which I needed to be reminded of myself. More often that I care to admit I get caught up more in the mess in the house and the chores than I do the sweet children that bring the mess. Each one is worth any mess I may have to clean up any day of the week!

Thanks for this wonderful reminder that even messes to pick up are something for which we should be thankful!

Denise said...

Such beautiful blessings sweetie.

Nancie said...

Love your thankful post! Thanks for sharing. So wonderful to have the little one around though things get a little messy :)

May you have an enjoyable spring time. Blessed Thankful Thursday!

Anonymous said...

We tend to get so busy that we fail to notice the things that really matter - like the warm sunshine.

Thank you for sharing your TT.

Darlene said...

Great TT post. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!

Darlene said...

Great TT post. Thanks for sharing.
Have a great week and Happy Mother's Day!

Living Beyond said...

I love that you are thankful for little fingerprints how precious.

Blessings today!

Mrs.Naz@BecomingMe said...

What a great day to find your blog. Wonderful post

Peggy said...

Tracy...God bless you that you can find Thankful ness in the list you gave...that is not only precious but very aMazing and inspiring!

That is a beautiful heart of a mom to our Heavenly Father...when you can thank Him for MESSES...such a
LOVE...and how you can make laundry
a thankful thing..you deserve an award...(((LOL))):) Thank you Lord for Tracy's spirit, heart and the seasons that she is enjoying! May You put a spring in her step and joy filled days of grace and sun!

Answer her prayer! Continue filling her with Your Love!
Happy Mommy's Day Tracy!
Bless you...Peggy

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

This was just precious. God loves when we bless Him in all the seasons of our lives...

Thanks for stopping by today!

Blessings to you my friend♥

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for coming by my blog and I LOVE your TT post; It had me chuckling and nodding "amen" in remembrance that we have to remember and enjoy our little ones while they are still young.

Thank you so much for the tag!! Lol..I have to get mine posted soon!

Shari said...

What a great attitude you are having about those messes. It's been awhile since we've had a wild and crazy little one around. It's amazing how curious they are and how much they can get into.