Fill me again, Lord!

Lord, I love You. I seek You. I surrender to You. Again, Lord, I have struggled with staying near to You. It is not You, but ME!!!! I recently read my friend's post from "A Planting of the Lord" where she described her devotion time as "Drive Thru Devotions." Oh, how that has described me the past several weeks.....trying to do to much, not waking up early enough to have that quality block of time, but instead snacking on You, trying to fill up on You in a hurry.....Oh, Lord, it doesn't work that way, does it?

Father, forgive me. I was reading in Chronicles this morning. Solomon's son, King Rehoboam becomes strong in his own eyes, forgetting that his strength comes from You.

"He did evil because he had not set his heart on seeking the Lord."

Oh, boy. That one hit me. I want to continue to seek You, Lord with all my heart, all my soul, all my mind, and all my strength. I do NOT want to depend on my own strength or live like I am strong in Tracy. Lord, I need You. I love You. I have missed You. I miss our time together. I miss the lessons You teach me when I give You the time to work....when I give the Holy Spirit time to work in my spirit. Oh, how foolish I have been. Lord, I love You. I seek You. You are life. Jesus, when You say, "I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life," it is so true! My life is empty without Your Presence filling me.......Jesus I love You. I need You. I humble myself and cry out for more of You, Lord. I ask for a fresh filling of You.

Lord, I give You this blog. I ask Lord that You make it Your own. I don't ever want to write to bring myself "glory" or to "impress" others or actually to write FOR anyone but You, Lord. I struggle at times with looking to others to fill me with what I need- Lord, why haven't I learned this lesson by now?????? It is not the praise of man that satisfies me- it is only Your sweet Spirit that satisfies. Lord, may this blog bring YOU glory. May it encourage hearts as it points NOT to the wisdom of Tracy, but to the wisdom of the Almighty God. May I encourage others to NOT seek their own strength, but YOUR strength. Lord, I am nothing without You. May I be so transparent that anyone who reads this blog will see that and seek YOU. Lord, You are Life. You are the only Life worth living! You are glorious. You are awesome. You are amazing. You are precious.

I was singing the song, "Mighty to Save" by Hillsong this morning. I want to make it a prayer today!

"Lord, take me as You find me- all my fears and failures. Fill my life again. I give my life to follow. Everything I believe in....now I surrender."

Lord, I surrender all to You. Fill my life again. Fill me again. "Fill me to the measure of all the fullness of Christ." Lord, may the world NOT see me, but You. May You shine so brightly in me that it is a reflection of Your beauty.....a display of Your splendor. Oh, my precious Lord, how I long to be a display of YOUR splendor. How I need You. How I love You. Praise You, Lord.

"The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is upon me, because the Lord
has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind
up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from
darkness for the the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the Lord's favor and the
day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who
grieve in Zion- to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of
gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of
despair.

They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of
the Lord for the display of His splendor.

Father God, I love You. I praise You. You are my life. Thank You for loving me so much. Thank You for continuing to whisper to me, to woo me back to You. I desire You. I seek You. I want more of You. Thank You that when "I draw near to You, You will draw near to me." Thank You, Lord. Jesus, Precious Savior, Alpha and Omega, Beginning and End, Mighty One, Beautiful One, I love You. I praise You. I worship You. It is in Your sweet Name that I pray. I pray for all those who are reading this blog. Bless them Lord. Fill them with a desire to know You more, to love You more, to seek You. Holy Lord, I pray that You would sanctify my words, sanctify this blog for You, and sanctify the Internet. Lord, I pray for all of those who are "out there" right now- blogging, "surfing", chatting.....may they find You, Lord. No matter what they are looking for, whatever they are "googling", searching for, may they find You. In Jesus' precious name I pray. Amen.

8 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

Beautiful, amen, and ditto!!! :)

Miri said...

Thanks, Tracy, for such an awesome post. It is good to give God the first and the best -- He will return so much joy back to us! -Miriam

Leah Adams said...

Wow!! All that needs is a AMEN, dear friend. It was beautiful and fit the way I feel in many ways.

Have a blessed Lord's Day!!

Leah

Shari said...

What a wonderful prayer. Amen. You'd be a great next door neighbor. I love your energy and the excitement you have for the Lord.

Thanks for the prayer that you wrote for my sister. She has made it two more weeks and is still holding that baby in.

Nancie said...

Tracy,

Thanks for this sweet post. I am reminded too that I need to seek the Lord more and rely upon His strength. I pray that my daily activities and my blog may also bring glory to God. Though I am weak, He is strong.

Thanks for your prayers for me. Thank God I am better. May God continue to bless you and keep you close to Him. May He make this blog a blessing to others to His glory.

Take care. Hope you have a blessed week!

Anonymous said...

*Hugs* God bless you for your heartfelt prayer; It's so easy to cross that fine line of doing something for the Lord and unintentional doing something for oneself only to get distracted from God and in the process often unintentionally hurting others; God bless you for your walk with God!

Melanie said...

Tracy, It's like you read my mind. I'm having similar struggles. Thank you so much for posting this today... it is just what I needed to read.

Susan Skitt said...

How good it is dear friend to be in His prescense... like water to our thirsty souls. Again, your blog is aptly named my friend.

As for your game of tag, I got your invite and will post later this week about my book :)

Have a great week!