Happy Arbor Day....At the Well!

Today is Arbor Day!
Trees need to be attached to their root system to LIVE and THRIVE and produce FRUIT. I am At the Well today sharing about how important it is for us, like trees to stay connected to our Source of Life! Hope you can stop over!


Blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked or stand in the way of sinners or sit in the seat of mockers.

But his delight is in the law of the LORD, and on His law he mediates day and night.

He is like a tree planted by streams of water,


which yields fruit in season and whose leaf does not wither

Whatever he does prospers..-Psalm 1:1-3


Have you ever seen trees planted by the water? This image is the Mississippi River. We cross the Mighty Mississippi when we travel "home" to Illinois from Iowa to visit family. I love soaking in the beautiful sight of the Mississippi, especially in the Spring and Fall. It isn't the water the captures my attention as much as the BEAUTIFUL trees lining both sides of the river. They are bigger, greener, and more beautiful than trees anywhere else. They are LUSH...
When reading this psalm for the first time, I immediately visualized those beautiful trees. They are near the life-giving, refreshing, nutrient-filled water. When we fill up on God's Word, as this psalm reminds us, we, too will flourish like these trees. We will yield fruit (notice it says "in due season"- that is for a whole other post!) and WHOSE LEAF DOES NOT WITHER!
I do not want my "leaves" to whither! I want to be refreshed, lush, green...not DRY!
If you are feeling dry today....go to His Word.
Fill up on it.
Be refreshed.
Soak it in.
Let it do its work in you!
....and "everything you do will prosper."

2 thoughts shared....:

Mel said...

I love that psalm and the visual you painted is amazing!!!

Amydeanne said...

oh what a great post! i forgot it was arbour day.. good thing I ordered my trees already for this year... too bad it's suppose to snow lol

thanks for helping me soak in a bit more!!