I always thank my God when I remember you in my prayers, because I hear about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints. I pray that you may be active in sharing your faith, so that you will have a FULL understanding of every good thing we have in Christ. Your love has given me great joy and encouragement, because you, brother, have refreshed the hearts of the saints. Philemon 1:4-6

Lord, may I be "actice in sharing my faith"! AND...look what Paul says will happen: I will have a FULL understanding of every good thing in Christ! Amazing!

Recently, my friend, Donna and I were praying and she said something that has just STUCK with me. She said, may we, like the 5 wise bridesmaids who were ready for the bridegroom (Matthew 25), be ready for Jesus. May we be BUSY at the task of snatching souls from the enemy's hands. Oh, how that has left an imprint on me. May I be busy at the work of saving the Lost.....rescuing those who do not KNOW HIM. May I be busy at this most precious task!

Then, last week Joyce Meyer taught an awesome series on "Living the Blessed Life." She said something that hit me. She talked about many Christians being "pregnant" but not giving birth. We fill up and fill up and fill up on the Word, books, tapes, (blog devotions!), and it fills us, but we are not "giving birth" to it. We are not walking it out, sharing Christ's love, DOING it... We need to 1. Love God and 2. Love Others.

I am also reading a fantastic book right now by Bill Hybels, "Just Walk Across the Room." This is his daily prayer, which I have committed to making MY daily prayer:

"My life is in Your hands, God. Use me to point someone toward You today. I promise to cooperate in any way I can. If you want me to say a word for You today, I'll do that. If You want me to keep quiet but demonstrate love and servanthood, by Your Spirit's power I will. I'm FULLY available to You today, so guide me by Your Spirit."

As the days are getting shorter and the time draws nearer for the return of our precious Jesus, will you join me, too, being busy snatching souls for Jesus?

3 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Have a beautiful week my friend.

Angela said...

Awesome devotion today sis..God has been speaking the same thing upon my heart lately!!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

This is great Tracy. It goes along with my personal study on faith and deeds, James 2:14-26.

smooches,
Larie