In Other Words

This week Nina from Mama's Little Treasures has chosen a quote from one of my FAVORITE author/speakers- Joyce Meyer. Ponder this:


“Give yourself permission not to know and be satisfied knowing the One who does.”
~ by Joyce Meyer, “I Dare You

Hmmmm......

Are you ever plagued with having to be "in control?" Do you just have to KNOW how things are going to turn out? Do you find it hard just to TRUST??????

Why is it that some of us simply "put it in God's Hands"....trusting Him and resting in Him, full of peace....

while others of us WORRY.....FRET....and are definitely NOT satisfied with "not knowing."

Do you really believe that God is in control? Or....have you held on with white knuckles, refusing to relinquish CONTROL of your life?


"Give yourself permission not to know."

Part of the beautiful mystery of life is NOT KNOWING....

AND....I have found so many times what I THINK I KNOW turns out not to be best for me! If I would have "been in control", I would have messed things up BIG TIME. Often, it turns out the Creator of the Universe also knows how to weave together the fabric of the circumstances of my life for my good. My wonderful Father God knows the end from the beginning. He is NOT surprised about anything that is happening to me.

"Be satisfied knowing the One who does (know)."

I love that Joyce uses the word "satisfied." I want to be satisfied....experience SATISFACTION. When I am satisfied, I am CONTENT...resting in God. Full of PEACE.

"Knowing God" doesn't just mean that you know about God. It means that you have a relationship with God. When you have a relationship with the One who placed all of the stars in the sky, you can rest in His plan for your life.

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord. "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans for good and not evil." Jeremiah 29:11

Take some time to ponder this quote and join us in your words!

8 thoughts shared....:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for sharing.

Trusting Him and resting in Him, full of peace....Such a good reminder . . . thank you.

Denise said...

Great post dear.

Esthermay Bentley-Goossen said...

Wonderful Thoughts. I too appreciate the use of the word "satisfied." It visualizes for me a completeness -- a certainty that things are in HIS hands. Peace only comes with contentedness! Being content relies on being satisfied. I am SO Glad HE holds my future!
Happy IOW Tuesday!
~esthermay

Laurie Ann said...

Wasn't this a great quote?! I loved your take on it. I am one who reads the ending in a fiction book just so I'll know what's coming, so you can imagine how I am with life. I love a plan. Unfortunately for my flesh, God only unfolds a piece at the time but I have learned to be satisfied with not knowing. It's all about trust and faith in Him, isn't it? It really stretches those muscles!

Miriam Pauline said...

Great post Tracy! How I want to grow in knowing God, not just knowing about him. Have a blessed day!

Debbie Petras said...

I struggle with control issues. I seem to prefer a roadmap of where I'm going. But that's not faith and it's a lesson I'm having to learn.

This is a great post for IOWT. And I love the Scriptures you used too, Tracy.

A verse that has been close to me lately is Isaiah 26:3 "You will keep in perfect peace him whose mind is steadfast, because he trusts in you."

Sharlyn Guthrie said...

I enjoyed your beautiful post, and especially this: "Part of the beautiful mystery of life is NOT KNOWING...."

I couldn't agree more. It is even more blessed to be surprised when God allows us a peek, through our clouded, human eyes at some of the purposes and out-workings of His plans.

Patricia said...

Thank you for reminding us of the verse in Jeremiah 29:11. Remembering God's plan for us is so important.