Thankful Thursday


Our dear friend, Iris, is taking some time away from blogging and hosting Thankful Thursday. For the month of March, Lynn will be hosting...please stop by to check out all of the other Thankful Hearts.


I want to begin my Thankfulness the same way Lynn began...thanking God for blessing me with such a wonderful friend in Iris, and thank Iris for all of her hard work.



Lord, I am so THANKFUL for You prompting me to post the Bible Study, A Make-Over of the Heart! It is exciting and humbling to see how You are using it to encourage women. Thank You, Lord!



I am thankful that I had such a wonderful visit with my parents last week. The best part of the visit was a very special conversation I had with my mom. We had gone to Target to get a broom, but never made it out of the parking lot and into the store! We began talking about my mom's faith (I don't even know how we got started on this conversation!).

I learned a lot of things I didn't know about her. She was the oldest of two girls in her family. Her parents didn't go to church. So, even though she was a little girl, she walked to Sunday School by herself! She said she had a desire to go and learn about God! And, then, when she was a little older, she went to church and Sunday School on her own. Wow! I can't even imagine. When she had polio as a little girl, she developed a strong prayer life.



Thank You, God for placing in my mom such a strong faith for you, that no matter what her circumstances, she turned to You. Thank You that she loved(s) You. Thank You for her simple faith that inspires me.


I thank You, God for the gift of Your Son, Jesus Christ! We had a wonderful Lenten service tonight (Wed.) and a time to worship You. Again, we turn our hearts to You as we ponder/focus/meditate on the incredible sacrifice of Jesus Christ. Thank You, Lord.


12 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Oh Tracy,

I would very much like to meet your amazing mother. I know one day in heaven you can make our introductions.

My mom, too, walked by herself to church... Just amazing. Big hugs and pray your Bible study touches many. Hugs,

Sweet Blessings said...

How special to talk with your mom and learn more things about her. I love my mom and as I get older, I love our relationship more and more and it has changed through the years-so i knw those talks are special:) Happy Thursday! Amanda:)

Pia said...

your mom is an inspiration. you're so blessed.

Angela said...

What a beautiful thankful post, filled with gratitude and blessings. thanks for sharing.

Debbie Petras said...

I love to hear stories of how God drew someone to Himself. So many people are blessed to be born into families of faith but when someone isn't ...there's still hope.

Denise said...

Such a beautiful list of thankfuls sweetie.

GranthamLynn said...

Oh how special. And you didn't even have to go back and sweep huh! Seriously I loved reading this thankful list. What a blessing to hear your mom's heart. And what a Blessing that she passed that faithful heart on to you. Thanks again for the Bible Study.
On a journey towards giggling.(my bible study comment explains)
sherry

Jerralea said...

How amazing! Our kids have to be prodded into going to church sometimes and here your mom made herself go. God bless her.

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful post, Tracy. I love the legacy of faith you come from - your mom sounds like an amazing woman of strength! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Rita T. said...

I love your post! Have a great rest of the week.

Up Close said...

Hello! God bless you!

Up Close said...

Hello! May God bless you today and always!