Worshipping.....At the Well

"Here I am to worship...
Here I am to BOW DOWN..
Here I am to say that You're my God.
You're altogether lovely.
Altogether worthy.
Altogether beautiful to me."


Father God, we are here to worship You- at the well, in our homes, taking a walk, enjoying our children....even in the beautiful setting of Church with the lovely sounds of other worshippers all around.....May our worship today be a sweet, sweet sound in Your ear...


Do you think that "worship" is "just" singing together at church? The first 12 minutes of a service...


Worship is so much more than that! It is entering into the presence of God....bowing down to honor Him as King, as Lord of our hearts and lives. It is expressing to Him how much we love Him, our devotion to Him. It is coming to God, telling Him that we surrender our hearts and lives to Him. Telling Him that we want to know Him more...


AND, that should be ALL OF THE TIME, not just on Sunday mornings! I want to live a LIFE of worship. I want m life to be a "Life Song" to Him!


Laura Lee of Laura Lee's Life Song asked, "What do you do or think you should do at the start of each day to prepare your heart and mind as a woman living a life of worship?"


I begin my day, like most women with a "Quiet Time." I know not everyone is a "morning" person, but I believe it is VITAL to start our days with the Lord in a spirit of worship.


I begin my time by inviting God IN. I pray first, asking the Holy Spirit to lead me and guide me. I ask that He would help me to pray. That He would help me to love God more. Sometimes I listen to a few worship songs. Chris Tomlin is one of my favorite leaders. But, usually, I begin in the Word. Psalms is full of worship songs. I like to read them very slowly, pondering them and praying them. When a psalm says, "Praise the Lord." I will say, "Amen, Lord! Praise You!"

Psalm 19 is one of my favorite worship psalms.


1 The heavens declare the glory of God;
the skies proclaim the work of his hands.
2 Day after day they pour forth speech;
night after night they display knowledge.
3 There is no speech or language
where their voice is not heard.
4 Their voice goes out into all the earth,
their words to the ends of the world.
In the heavens he has pitched a tent for the sun,
5 which is like a bridegroom coming forth from his pavilion,
like a champion rejoicing to run his course.
6 It rises at one end of the heavens
and makes its circuit to the other;
nothing is hidden from its heat.
7 The law of the LORD is perfect,
reviving the soul.
The statutes of the LORD are trustworthy,
making wise the simple.
8 The precepts of the LORD are right,
giving joy to the heart.
The commands of the LORD are radiant,
giving light to the eyes.
9 The fear of the LORD is pure,
enduring forever.
The ordinances of the LORD are sure
and altogether righteous.
10 They are more precious than gold,
than much pure gold;
they are sweeter than honey,
than honey from the comb.
11 By them is your servant warned;
in keeping them there is great reward.
12 Who can discern his errors?
Forgive my hidden faults.
13 Keep your servant also from willful sins;
may they not rule over me.
Then will I be blameless,
innocent of great transgression.
14 May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart
be pleasing in your sight,
O LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer.


After I spend time in the Word, I go outside on a WALK. Being outside draws me into His presence. It is early and there aren't many people around. I bring a scripture journal of my favorite verses with me and meditate on these while I walk. This is time that I talk to God. I don't listen to music at this time, but will sing songs (quietly!!) that come to mind. The air is crisp and fresh. When the breeze blows my hair, I know it is His breath on me. This is sweet time and I MISS it when I have to miss it!

MUSIC is important to me when I worship. Sometimes a song will speak so intimately to my heart, capturing the exact thing I want to express to God.


My worship song that I want to live out is "Here I am to Worship" by Chris Tomlin.


"Light of the world,

You stepped down into darkness.

Opened my eyes, let me see.

Beauty that made this heart adore you

Hope of a life spent with you

And here I am to worship, here I am to bow down,here I am to say that you're my God

You're altogether lovely,altogether worthy,altogether wonderful to me.

King of all days, oh, so highly exalted.

Glorious in heaven above.

Humbly you came to the earth you created

All for love's sake became poor.

...I'll never know how much it cost

To see my sin upon that cross

I'll never know how much it cost

To see my sin upon that cross

And I'll never know how much it cost

To see my sin upon that cross

No, I'll never know how much it cost...."


Please join Laura Lee at the well for more wonderful inspiration. If you are wondering about the well, please visit Chelsey at Joyfully Living!

AND, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE scroll down for exciting news!



8 thoughts shared....:

lori said...

wow....wow....WOW...wow!!

First off...what a great post to start Monday off! I'm with you..it HAS to start with giving Him the day...

and that song is a great one!
I can sing along with you!

THEN...what EXCITING news!! I'm so happy for you....praying that your journey with the Speaking Thru Me ministry is exciting and rewarding!
They sound like an AMAZING group of ladies!!

Tracy...God is using you in mighty ways..and THAT is exciting!
peace,
lori

Teresa said...

Your post was right on this morning for me! Lord, will You run Your course in my life today!!

Monday is my big cleaning day around here..and so it's time to crank up the praise and get to it!!!

And sooo excited about STMM ;)!!!
Blessings!
Teresa

Joyfull said...

Fantastic post! Loved reading about your quiet time and agree with you that it is vital. Loved your choice of Scripture and worship songs.
Thanks for sharing and blessing.

Laurie Ann said...

Tracy, I truly enjoyed what you shared with us here At the Well today. I loved reading about the way you worship, and the Psalm you shared from Psalm 19, the song from Chris Tomlin...beautiful. Worship is a vital part of beginning our day, and I admire your dedication to worshiping our God and Savior.

Denise said...

Preach it sister, amen.

LAURIE said...

Thank you for sharing your heart with us today AT THE WELL. And how exciting about your new writing ministry and opportunities! -Blessings, Laurie

Carmen said...

love that song of adoration to our King!

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful, thank you for sharing. God bless you.