Mothering.....in other words!


Today, Nina has given us a wonderful quote to meditate on~ our calling as mothers.
Please visit Loni at Writing Canvas for more inspiration!





This quote speaks to me and has been an area where God continues to "work" with me!

As a Christian speaker and writer, I can sometimes forget my first and most important ministry is my family! I can get caught up in ministering to others when I am first needed at home. God has convicted me of this and it is something that I am so aware of now.

Sometimes it is much more "fun" and "rewarding" to be writing, preparing for a talk, and studying God's Word than laundry, wiping up messes, or changing poopy diapers!

But, God has entrusted these precious little ones (and my "big one"- my husband) and our home to me. He has given me the incredible privilege of taking care of them. In the "dailies", the daily chores, the mundane....I can lose sight of what I am doing~ the impotance of nourturing, teaching, loving these little humans that will grow up and become men and women!

I am "training up children in the way they should go." When I am speaking at women's events, I encourage the ladies to seek Jesus, to have an intimate relationship with Him. I am passionate that they would fall in love with Jesus. BUT, I don't want to be "on fire" in my ministry and "lose" my children! I want my own children to have an intimate relationship with Him! So, if I am passionate about and for these "strangers", shouldn't I be even more so with my own family?

You may be thinking, "Well, I am not a Christian Speaker, so I don't have to 'worry' about that!" But, the same principle applies to whatever you are involved in- career, volunteering, a project or cause..... How many times can we get so involved with a very worthwhile project, but in the end, our family suffers? We try to justify it by saying that the project is so important. But, aren't our children MOST important?

I think that our generation is losing sight of the importance of parenting. We are pushing off our responsibilities to day care, coaches, church youth programs- expecting those outside areas to raise up our children.

God us entrusted US- not the church, not school- to train up our children- to help them to love the Lord with all of their hearts, to discipline in love, to teach them the Word, to teach them to pray, to show them that victory in life is only through the power of Jesus Christ working in our lives.

Oh, may I truly believe and live out the words of this quote. May I always consider my children the greatest ministry, the greatest gift and honor God has entrusted me with.

“Dear Lord, I do not ask that Thou shouldst give me some high work of thine, some noble calling or some wondrous task. Give me a little hand to hold in mine.”
Anonymous



6 thoughts shared....:

Chelle said...

As a new mom, I can honestly say, "Amen sister, amen."

Chelle said...

I can honestly say, as a new mom, "Amen sister, amen."

Karen Hossink said...

Amen, sister. Amen!
I am right there with you on this one.

june said...

Great post, and amen.

Thanks for checking me out..do come
back for another visit.

looking for christian women to
share this life with.

Paula said...

Thank you for a great post. Such a great quote, and as it's on two posts I've read today I'm taking it as God's message to me to be more dedicated to my daughter and those close to me. Thanks again, Paula :-)

Kathryn said...

A big "Amen!", Tracy!

Wednesday blessings ...