Thankful Thursday


Welcome to another week of thankfulness to our AWESOME God! This week, Iris is talking about PEACE, and being thankful for His peace.

I, too, am so thankful for His peace that passes all understanding~ we can't fathom it, can't explain it, don't understand it, but it fills us with life and hope.


I am thankful that when I have a hard decision to make, when I take it to God, His peace will guide me. Do I feel anxious about saying "yes" to the volunteer request? Is the decision causing conflict with my family? There is a verse that says that God's peace will referee our decisions. When we trust in God, He will keep us "in perfect peace."

I am thankful that God's peace is one of our greatest ways to witness to the world. We can experience God's peace when it doesn't make sense. When our circumstances shout out that we should be stressed, depressed, hopeless, His peace whispers a calm that ministers to people.

How do I "get" God's peace?

Trusting in Him and praying about all the things that I am anxious about.

"Do not be anxious about anything. But in
everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your
requests to the Lord. THEN, the peace that passes all understanding will
guard your heart and mind in Christ Jesus."~ Philippians 4:6-7


Do you see the flow? We choose NOT to worry, but to pray. With a thankful attitude we pray about our situation. THEN, God fills us with His peace. THEN, this peace guards our hearts and minds in Christ.


Lord, I am so thankful for Your peace. I am thankful that whatever is going on in my life, I can be confident that You are seeing me through, filling me with calm, strength, and hope. Thank You, Jesus. Amen.

Please visit Iris for more inspiration!


14 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Awesome my friend.

Paula said...

Thank you for such a timely reminder the I need to take my worries to Him and not be anxious. A great post, thanks again, Paula :-)

Anonymous said...

Yes indeed God is the God of peace. Thanks for sharing its nice to read your post. TC

Anonymous said...

beautiful, tracy. that spoke to me. God bless you, dear one.

Laurie Ann said...

I took this verse to heart last night and prayed it out loud. I slept the best I have in a week! God's peace is so soothing. It's like balm, you know?

I like that you brought up how God's peace is one of our greatest ways to witness to the world. I will definitely keep this in mind.

Also, I wanted to let you know that your At the Well post really blessed my heart. My commenting has been spotty at best because I've been enjoying a new nephew, but I did read it! It was great and I love how God changed your heart and words toward Brian.

Melanie said...

Ah, yes... peace from God. Not much that beats that!

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Jenileigh said...

Wonderful post. Have a great TT!

A happy heart at home said...

A wonderful post! Thank you.

~Susan

Peggy said...

Perfectly peaceful Tracy...thank you for applying God's Word and showing us how to use this sword...to witness to the world the peace that Jesus brings...I loved how you walked us through Phil. and explained how we get God's peace...step by step His Word is powerful and liberating!

Thank you for making it so easy to understand His Peace and this Word!

Bless you for that sweet prayer!
You are an inspiring teacher! Thanks for sharing! Enjoy TT!

Unknown said...

Great post!
Happy TT!
Blessings...

Anonymous said...

Thank you for reminding me of Philippians 4: 6-7. My husband has had an anxious work week and I'll certainly be praying this over him! Bless you.

Rebecca said...

Your words were so timely for me today: "We choose NOT to worry, but to pray. With a thankful attitude we pray about our situation. THEN, God fills us with His peace. THEN, this peace guards our hearts and minds in Christ."

I could almost see the peace guarding my heart and mind, like a fortress, protecting my mind against worry and and my heart against anxiousness.

This is exactly what happened last night as I fought off worry--and it was a real fight--it made room for God's peace to come in and minister.

Nancie said...

Very encouraging thankful post, Tracy. Thank God for His peace that passes all understanding. Philippians 4:6-7 are such precious reminder not to be anxious but to commit all to God in prayers. Thank God for giving us peace when we trust in Him. Thanks for sharing your thankful heart with us. Take care and God bless!

june said...

Hi, I love the name of your blog.
I guess I did not give much thought
to mine. My grandmother names me
littledune. My father was dunedune.
The name has always been special and I though it was a great way to
identify me.

I am new to all of this and would
like to have friends.
June (littledune)