Thankful Thursday

This week is crazy!!! It is back to school time and the beginning of soccer and football. So, this week I have , 6 soccer practices to shuffle kids to/from, 5 football practices, 4 parent meetings at school, 2 haircut appts. to get kids to, one confirmation meeting to attend (and a partridge in a pear tree!). WHEW!

I am so thankful for the grace of God that enables me to do it with His peace and His sanity! His grace is sufficient for ALL of my needs. He reminds me to look at the calendar and be very organized about planning my day.

I am thankful for a sweet husband who helps in all of the running!

I am thankful for a carpool that helps with football practice so that I only had to drive once this week!

I am thankful that Thursday's schedule, the busiest this week with 3 parent meetings and 2 soccer practices, is staggered in such a way that Brian and I can "tag team" and all is covered! Thanks, God!

I am thankful for my sweet children and their activities. I LOVE watching them play sports and there are always valuable lessons to be learned while playing!

(AND in case you are thinkin' "OK, Martha, slow down!", our kids are really not that busy! But, with 5 kids, 4 of them in ONE activity, it makes for a busy schedule.)

I am thankful that our schedule is NOT usually like this. I know many parents who run like this as the norm. Oh, how thankful I am God has brought me to a place of simplifying!

I am thankful that Brian is taking Andrew this weekend for a very special weekend together. They are doing "Passport to Purity" and seeing a Cubs game. Please remember them in your prayers!

And, as always, please visit Iris this week for more thankfulness!

I'm thankful for exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!!!

16 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Hi Tracy,

Girl, I have been really crazy this week as well. Glad you were able to get through it. Hugs, Lynn

Anonymous said...

sanity and peace from God are very much needed. may God grant you more of these. God bless you, tracy.

i said...

Oh wow, that sounds like a very busy week. Glad that you managed all that in good pace. Remain blessed!

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tracy,

Great system you have worked out. It pays to be organized and to have a calender. How is the clean up in your area?

Blessings!

Cheryl

Edie said...

Oh my goodness, and you still have time to blog! :) Enjoyed this.

Susan said...

Whew...

What a busy week you've had and still having.

Yes, thank God for His grace and mercy to carry us through.

Hope you survive!!

Happy TT to you♥

Melanie said...

Wow.. you all are busy, Tracy! So glad for you that this isn't the norm.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Laurie Ann said...

Tracy, what a thankful heart you have. God bless you for praising Him through all the busyness of life. I loved reading your post, and hope your son and hsuband have a great time this weekend. Will be praying for them...Happy Thankful Thursday!

LauraLee Shaw said...

Wow, sounds like we're in the same season! Your perspective and reminder to stay thankful during this taxi cab season is just what I needed today. Thank you!

Anonymous said...

Its nice to hear form you sweety and i know you can do all the task you have. Strong person can make many things. TC

Tracy said...

Wow, girl, you are busy indeed! Your gratitude amidst all that craziness sure blesses me.

Praying for your husband and son this weekend...

Hugs,
Tracy

Jenileigh said...

A great list! Have a blessed Thankful Thursday.

Kristi said...

It's crazy busy in my corner of the world too. I'm ready to find my groove, how about you? Blessings to you!

lori said...

Thankful for the ESTHER image...couldn't find the magnet paper but I found the STICKER paper....even better for their folders..copying as I type!!

You blessed me in a BIG WAY!!
hugs!!
lori

Marsha said...

I'm wore out just reading your list! But I too, remember those days. This too shall pass. Keep relying on Him to help your order and simplify your life.

Have a blessed weekend and keep being thankful!

Mary said...

I'm so thankful that God carries us in those crazy weeks. He's so faithful. Thanks for sharing. Blessings on your weekend.