Thankful Thursday


Lori is again graciously hosting this week's Thankful Thursday. Thanks, Lori! She asks us to ponder the idea of security in Christ Jesus.

This week, I want to share a wonderful experience I had with my 12 year old son, Andrew.

A few night ago when I was tucking him in, Andrew said, "Mom, you are so happy all of the time. And, it's weird because all of these bad things happened to you- your friend died, you lost a lot of money in the stock market, your dad got laid off, and your mom fell- and you shouldn't be happy. But, you're the happiest person I know."

WHEW! THANK YOU, GOD!!!! TEACHABLE MOMENT!!!

I explained to Andrew that I have a JOY inside me because of Jesus. And, this joy is NOT DEPENDANT on my circumstances. Jesus gives me such a peace that can't be shaken, no matter what is happening.

And, the strangest thing is, I would never have guessed that he thought this. I don't think of myself as "the happiest person I know." I make mistakes all of the time. I lose my temper. I get upset. I struggle.

But, I am so thankful that God is shining through me.

I know this joy that Andrew can see, it is Jesus Christ in me. I give God ALL glory and credit! It is nothing about ME and what I can do or how "good" I am. It is all about HIM in me!

In this you greatly rejoice, though now for a little while you may have had to suffer grief in all kinds of trials. These have come so that your faith- of greater worth than gold, which perishes even though refined by fire- may be proved genuine and may result in praise, glory, and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him
now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy, for you are receiving the goal of your faith, the salvation of your souls.-1Peter 1:6-10

Thank you, Lord!

Please visit Lori for more TT!

7 thoughts shared....:

Grammy said...

You are truly blessed to have the gift of joy shining though you. And he is amazing to tell you what he sees. I am on the path to learning to be like you where I can feel and show joy. I have been learning since Feb 2008 to change my life to a positive one. And pray I receive this blessing too. I think I have but not sure if it is at such a deep level as you have.

Lori said...

First off Happy Belated birthday! Thank you for sharing this sweet story, we never know how we are going to be a witness by our actions! Praise God when he gives us the assurance that we are handling things His way.

Have a wonderful day.

Beth in NC said...

Oh Tracy, that is the best compliment in the world! What a blessing! WTG Mom!

Love,
Beth

Laurie Ann said...

What a shining example for Christ you are, not only to Andrew as a mother but as a strong woman of faith. Praising God for this teachable moment with your son, and with us! Happy Thankful Thursday!

Debbie Petras said...

Isn't it wonderful when someone so close to you can see Jesus in you? And then you were able to give God the glory. And yet, you weren't even aware of how your son saw you. I love stories like this. Thank you for sharing.

MrsBumppo said...

Wow! I am so glad, God led me here to read your Thankful Thursday! How wonderful for God's light to shine through you to your son! What a blessing of the Lord and encouragement to you, your son and to others, becaused you share!

Blessings~
in Christ Jesus,
Gina

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tracy,

Wow! Doesn't that make you feel like you are doing something right, not only with showing Joy, but in teaching your son!

We can do all things through Christ...

Blessings
Cheryl