Thankful Thursday


I am so thankful for God's wisdom!

"For the LORD gives wisdom,
and from His mouth come knowledge and understanding. He holds victory in
store for the upright, He is a shield to those whose walk is blameless, for He
guards the course of the just and protects the way of His faithful ones. Then you will understand what is right and just and fair-
every good path. For wisdom will enter your heart, and knowledge will be pleasant to your soul."
-Proverbs 2:6-10

I have been so THANKFUL for the blessing of WISDOM.

I have been more purposeful in praying for wisdom as I parent my kids, and God has been SO faithful! He has been pouring out wisdom as I teach and discipline them and answer their questions.

How do I know it is HIS wisdom and not mine, you ask?

Because the "stuff" He has given me is so GOOD that it has to be Him and not me! I could never come up with it on my own!

Here's an example....

Last week on the way to school, the kids and I got into a wonderful conversation about being naked. I don't remember exactly how we got on this conversation, but we were talking about modesty and not looking at naked bodies of the opposite sex unless they are your husband or wife.

Then....the kids began talking about how gross it is to even look at someone naked. With a completely STRAIGHT FACE I told them that Mommy and Daddy love to look at one another naked...that we think each other's bodies are beautiful. ("Do you think Daddy is hot???")

We talked about how Adam and Eve were naked. I told them how excited Adam was when he saw Eve for the first time. We talked about how God's plan is for a HUSBAND and WIFE to love one another's bodies. But, when the "world" shows us naked bodies, we feel "icky" because this isn't God's plan for us. We're only meant to enjoy each other in marriage...

so the conversation went.....

I don't remember all of the details, but the ride was wonderful and after I dropped them off at school, I was thanking Him for His wisdom!

God has been faithfully answering my prayer for wisdom with my children and I have been SO thankful!

Another awesome blessing of wisdom came from my friend, Edie this week.

She shared how she gives a prize to her grandchildren when they learn a bible verse. Click here for the details.

We began doing this as well in our family and it has been so FUN! Thanks for sharing your wisdom, Edie.

Thank You, God that "You give wisdom to ANYONE who asks and that You give it generously without finding fault."

Please visit Lori's Reflections for more Thankfulness!

18 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Tracy,

Have I told you how awesome you are. Those kids have a wise and Godly Mom. They are one step ahead of the rest in this world.

God bless you.

Denise said...

His wisdom is awesome.

i said...

Thank God for His wisdom! LOL! Your children are so adorable! God bless!

Anonymous said...

Great post! I enjoy talking to my kids in the car...it seems like they think of things as we ride.

Erika said...

I'm so glad to read this! I get really flustered at times like those, and I don't think I would have said any of the right things in that situation. It's so wonderful that God gave you the wisdom to know what to say!!!

Beth in NC said...

That is so sweet! My poor husband would love to look at me naked! ha

Bless you!
Beth

Melissa, Multi-Tasking Mama said...

Awesome post and I am impressed that you could keep a straight face. Good for you for opening this dialogue now! Happy TT!

Susan said...

Oh, what a GREAT verse!!!!

That was such a cute story...

Hope you have a blessed TT♥

Lori said...

What a powerful conversation you had with your kids, I am sure this is one that will stick in their minds and help shape their idea that God made us beautiful. Have a wonderful Thursday.

beverlybygrace said...

Great post. I have also been more mindful to pray for wisdom since I became a mom. I could not parent with out God's strength, guidance, & wisdom. God Bless!

Laurie Ann said...

Praising God for the wisdom He gave you in that conversation. I loved Edie's idea, too. I visited her blog and left her a comment. Happy Thankful Thursday to you.

Debbie Petras said...

You are so wise to be open with your children on all topics. I like that you brought them back to what God's Word says but also shared how beautiful even nakedness can be in the proper place between husband and wife. Too many parents don't talk about these topics.

Edie said...

What a great conversation you had with your kids. Isn't it awesome how God does that.

I'm on blog break this week but had to come over and thank you for your link and kind words. A few people have stopped by and I'm praising God for using this to plant more seeds. :)

Have a great week!

Debra Kaye said...

What a cute story of God's wisdom! Just precious.

Happy TT!

Bonnie said...

Oh what an amazing walk with God you must have! How blessed and how blessed your children are because of it. Thank you for sharing your post and may God continue to heap His wisdom on you. We need more children growing up under His wisdom - not the world's. Blessings!!!!

Kristi said...

Tracy, my daughters and I have the best conversations in the car too. What a wonderful mom you are. Thank you so much for dropping by my blog today and for your encouraging words. I am so honored that you are following my blog! Blessings to you!

Grammy said...

Wisdom is a true blessing.
It is on my list this year word of wisdom to inspire a happy life .

Samantha said...

I enjoyed reading your post. This is my first visit to your blog. I had a similar conversation with my daughter this past week and was so blessed that God guided me through it and I was able to talk to her in a completely relaxed matter about topics that would have otherwise embaressed me. It's amazing how when we include God in these things first instead of as an after thought, He leads the way!