Thankful Thursday


FORGIVENESS!

I am so thankful for God's forgiveness! Monday and Tuesday the kids had shortened days due the weather. Wednesday we had ANOTHER full snow day....

and by afternoon I had "lost it" with my middle schooler. (How does he know just what "buttons to push???")

Ugh. Yelled. Said words I regret. Ugh.

Thankfully, Andrew forgave me.

Thankfully, God forgives me.

Jesus forgave ALL of my sins....past, present, and future.

Thankfully, the blood of Jesus washes me clean. God's Word empowers me and His Spirit helps me to live it out.

I pray that "no unwholesome talk comes out of my mouth, only words that are used to build others up." (Ephesians 4:29)

I am thankful that I am "slow to speak, slow to get angry and quick to listen." (James 1:19)

AND, I am thankful for 2nd chances!

I have found that when I make mistakes, God gives me plenty of opportunities to try again. So...there's another snow day tomorrow!

Please visit Iris for more thankfulness.

7 thoughts shared....:

Grammy said...

Oh I remember those days. It gets easier. Just have to learn to relax and think positive. It is not easy I have found the past last year and this one to learn to be happy. You have to believe in order to achieve. Is my new motto.
Have a great week.

Debbie Petras said...

Yes, I am also thankful for His forgiveness. The Bible verses you quoted were so appropriate. I love that we can start again fresh and forgiven.

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Those second chances...

smooches,
Larie

Laurie Ann said...

Wonderful reminder here, Tracy! May God give you a wonderful snow day with your children. Happy Thankful Thursday!

gail said...

amen sister! without God's forgivenss where would we be?

i also saw your WFW yesterday and LOVED the picture. i LOVE to sleep and the pic looks so peaceful. great verse too and encouragement.

i missed putting up a WFW yesterday but hope to be back next week. blessings on you!

Anonymous said...

Oh! I know how you feel. I have 3 children ages 3-7. I seem to loose it alot these days. My oldest knows how to push my buttons as well. It is comforting know that God does forgive us & offers so many opportunities to keep working to be more like Him.

Denise said...

Praise God for second chances.