Prayers for President Bush and President Obama

I urge, then, first of all, that requests, prayers, intercession and
thanksgiving be made for everyone- for kings and all those in
authority
, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all
godliness and holiness.- 1Timothy 2:1-2

Today, as we prepare for transition in our country, we offer up prayers for our President and our incoming President-elect.

Father God, we praise You and thank You for Your goodness and mercy. Thank You that Your Hand is over our country. Thank You that we are able to worship You freely.

Lord, we lift up President Bush and Laura to You. Lord, I pray for rest and comfort for them both. Lord, grant them peace. Father, I pray that You close mouths of unkind, hurtful words. Father, instead, I pray You would draw words of encouragement and kindness to him. Forgive any mistakes he made and help him to forgive himself. Lord, I pray a spirit of truth over his "legacy." Stop any lies about him and his presidency. Lord, You say, "It is mine to avenge." I pray that You would avenge any wrongdoing that has been done against him. Lord, bring justice.

Lord, I lift up President Obama to You. I lift up Michelle and the girls. I pray for blessing and safety. Bless his coming in and going out. I pray that he would seek You. Make him into a mighty man of God, seeking You above all else. Lord, draw us as a nation of Believers to be on our knees for this family. Lord, pour out wisdom and discernment on this man. Lord, I pray that You would convict him of sinful thoughts, attitudes, beliefs. Lord, I pray for the unborn. Open this President's eyes to the horror of abortion. Lord, change his mind, soften his heart. Lord, I pray against any pride. Let him not be "wise in his own eyes." May he seek wise counsel. Lord, I pray that You would bring GODLY mentors around him. Holy Spirit, whisper to him. Lord, may President Obama be sensitive to the Holy Spirit. Give him a spirit of obedience. Lord, I pray that President Obama would "trust in the Lord with all of his heart and lean NOT upon HIS OWN understanding. I pray that in ALL his ways (all decisions in every area) he would acknowledge You (surrender and submit) and You will make his paths straight- You will direct his steps.

In the mighty name of Jesus we pray. Amen.

"If there are any tears shed in heaven, they will be over the fact that we prayed so little. Heaven is full of answers to prayer for which no one ever bothered to ask."- Billy Graham

Would you commit to pray with me daily for our new president, his family, and our country?

6 thoughts shared....:

Debbie Petras said...

What a beautiful prayer! I absolutely want to commit to pray daily for our new President. It's a very uncertain time and he will need it. I also want to pray for the Bush family.

Denise said...

I join you dear in these prayers.

Beth in NC said...

Oh, that was a wonderful prayer Tracy! I just stumbled upon your blog and I'm glad I did.

Bless you Sister,
Beth

lori said...

They could have let you do the invocation....that was beautiful and I join you in praying for our new President and his family...Asking God to "Order our Steps" is what we all need to pray...

Well done Trac!
peace and prayers!
lori

gail said...

what a wonderful prayer for our new president and his family. i agree we must commit to praying for him daily, if possible. thank you for the reminder to do so.

Kathy Schwanke said...

Yes Yes Yes! I am praying with you for our beloved country and it's leaders. Today brought me to tears. It think it was something like what Jesus felt when He cried "O Jerusalem, O Jerusalem, if only..." the longing He has in His heart for all men to come to the knowledge of Him, and to hunger for truth and righteousness! Your prayer was truly Holy Spirit inspired!