Thankful Thursday



Lord, I am so thankful for the sunshine this morning and the sunshine each day this week after the intense flooding.....what a difference it has made to have 5 days of sunshine with NO rain!

We toured the downtown area last night and it was devastated. I didn't have my camera so I am going to try to go back tonight for pictures. It is amazing to see hundreds of trailers with "disaster relief" all over the downtown. Clean up began yesterday and the crews were still working at 8 PM last night when we were there. All I could do was cry. It is so sad to see your beloved city in such a state. Words can't begin to describe it.

I am so thankful, Lord, that I know You and have a relationship with You. I thank You that I have You to lean on and depend on. I thank You that You fill me with peace and comfort. I thank You that I have a hope and a future with You.

I can't imagine what it would be like to endure these heartaches (any heartaches or trials of life) without You. I am so thankful for m relationship with You, Christ. Father, You are the Father of all comfort and the God of compassion who comforts me in my trials. You are my Jehovah Shalom- my PEACE.....I am so thankful that I don't need to be strong because when I am weak, You are strong. I am thankful that You are my strong tower, a shelter over me. I thank You that You are my rock and fortress.

Lord, I pray for all those who do NOT know You at this time. I pray that they would turn to You in their grief. Lord, let them seek You. Draw them to You, Lord. Ease their pain as only You can. Lord, I pray that You will bring/surround them with Believers- Jesus with skin on- to comfort them and bring them a Word from You. I pray that we as Christians will not miss this opportunity to love them and help them and "to give them a cup of cold water in Your Name."

Please scroll down to WFW and WW pictures below to see flooding pictures.

13 thoughts shared....:

Dana said...

Wow, those pictures are very telling of just how bad the flooding was...I'm praying for you and your community.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Those are some incredible pictures. There is a lady on the hs board I visit whose close friend was evacuated. She posted pics yesterday of the damage to the home. So terribly sad! There was one picture of the bathroom, where you could tell the tub was supposed to be blue. Instead, the inside was completely covered in dark brown muck. It turned my stomach. The pictures of the curb, lined with everyone's ruined items was heart-wrenching.

Susan said...

Hey Tracy,

Great list...

Sorry about those floods, just horrible.

Reminded me of New Orleans after Katrina, (we are from that area!)

Blessings to you my friend♥

Anonymous said...

AMEN!!!

God hears our cry..and may purposes and greater plans prevail even in this tragic disaster in your city. He is a sovereign GOd.

Unknown said...

What a blessing to see that sunshine! God is so good. His peace passes all human understanding, and I pray that He continues to supply you and your family with His peace.

Be blessed, Tracy!

Laurie Ann said...

Tracy, may God bless the outpouring of love in your heart...happy Thankful Thursday. God bless you.

Melanie said...

Tracy, I am so sorry about all the flooding and am keeping all those effected in my prayers. It is so very wonderful that God holds us in His arms during these trying times in life.

Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

You are very much in my prayers.

eph2810 said...

Oh, Tracy - I am so glad that so many people are pitching in to clean up the city you live in. I am glad that everyone is pulling together to get the city back on track.
You are right - I don't know how people do it without the strength and peace of our Lord...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and your precious family.

Beth K. Vogt said...

You have now put a name to the news I have been reading about this past week. You will be in my prayers. I appreciate your choosing to be thankful in the midst of such devastation.
Beth@TheAccidentalPharisee

Marsha said...

Hi Tracy,

I don't think I've ever come over to your site for TT before. I'm so thankful the Lord lead me over here. All your pictures just broke my heart. And then to read you lost your father and brother to a river years ago.

Please know my prayers are with you during this time.

My husband works in disaster recovery. They have crews on the ground there and several other places right now.

Anonymous said...

we are blessed to have a relationship with the King of kings. happy TT.

southmsmomof4 said...

As I read your post it reminded me of the Cctober day we returned from MO to MS after Katrina. We live only a short drive from the coast of MS and not even an hour from the city of New Orleans. I was amazed at what was NOT there when we took our first drive along the coastline of Mississippi.
My prayers and thoughts are with you and for those of your city. Oh that the Lord would comfort even now and yes turn their eyes upon him.
I love how you phrased something in your prayer. "Send them.....Jesus with skin on." I have never heard it put like that before. Awesome. Thanks so much for sharing your heart with us this week.
Be blessed,
Stacy