Thankful Thursday



"Enter His gates with thanksgiving and His courts with praise;
give thanks to Him and praise His Name. For the Lord is good and His love
endures forever; His faithfulness continues through all generations."- Psalm
100:4-5

Lord, I come before you this morning with a heaviness upon me. I know that in these times, with these feelings, I need to lift my hands and praise. It is funny, I almost forgot this is Thursday. I usually post my TT late Wed. night, but You knew, Lord, I would need to "encourage myself in the Lord" as David did. I choose now to encourage myself in You.

Lord, even now, as I hear the thunder, I know that You are in control, Sovereign God. I am thankful that You are with us, even in scary times. You are walking with us as we go through the waters. You tell us in Isaiah, "Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with; when you pass through rivers, they will not sweep over you." Lord, I am thankful that You, as You watch over us, never sleep. Your are "the shade at my right hand; the sun will not harm us by day, nor the moon by night. The Lord will keep us from ALL harm- He will watch over our lives. The LORD will watch over our coming and going both now and forevermore."

Lord, thank You that You are our Protector. You are on our side. "...the flood WOULD HAVE swallowed us alive; the flood would have engulfed us, the torrent would have swept over us, the raging waters would have swept us away." Lord, I am believing the flood will NOT overcome us. You are on our side. "If God be for us, who dare be against us?" Lord, even now, as the lightening and thunder are coming stronger, and it raining, even gently, I am pleading Father, cease the storm. Quiet us with Your love. Quiet our hearts, but quiet the rain.

I am thankful God, that You are the King of kings, Lord of Lords. I am thankful that You are Lord, Almighty. You are STILL in control. With tornadoes, earthquakes, droughts, famines, floods.....You are still our God and we are still Your people. I thank You that You are Sovereign God. I thank You that You love me. I thank You that Jesus reminds us, "In this world you WILL have trouble, (He doesn't stop there), but take heart, I have overcome the world." Jesus, You have overcome this world. We have hope and a future. You are Jehovah.

As the thunder continues to get louder, the house shakes.

Please pray for our community. Please pray for our family as Brian is traveling on business. I pray that he has an office to come home to as his company is located downtown where the flood is. There is a mandatory evacuation down there and the flood waters are expected to break the all time record. Not only are people losing their homes, but businesses, which are vital to families, are in danger, too.

Thank you for all of your kind words and prayers.

Do not be afraid. Be strong and courageous. Trust in the Lord with all your heart.

14 thoughts shared....:

Dana said...

Praying for you and the weather situation. I have seen it on the national news...

Karen Hossink said...

"You are still our God and we are still Your people."
Yes - He is and we are. Even in the midst of the storm He is good and we can trust Him. And I am confident He can handle the storms and the floods, and whatever else may come your way. Praying for you, dear sister!

Heather said...

Praying for you! HUGS!

Sheila said...

Oh Tracy, I am praying! This morning watching the news, hearing of more storms coming...I'm praying for your comfort and provision and for the salvation of souls through all this as the Father sends out His witness through you and others who belong to Him in this time of trial.

Your anchor is in Him and I trust you'll be a lighthouse to many who are looking for sure ground and a dry place in this storm and flood of waters!

Father, do miracles in this time. SHow yourself to be the God who saves to many!

Sheila

lori said...

Oh girl...I watched the news last night and thought of you all....
Prayers going up...prayers for the community, prayers for ALL of you...prayers for the businesses...
Do NOT be afraid...I go before you always....

I hope that you all stay safe...keep me posted!
hugs to you!
lori

Laurie Ann said...

Lifting you up in prayer and hoping the heaviness of heart has lifted as you've poured your heart out to God.

Melanie said...

Yes, God will take care of it all. Praying for you and your part of the country as the weather is so bad lately.

Leaon Mary said...

Hi Tracy,
I'm praying too.
Trusting with ALL MY HEART.
Lea
<*)))><

Unknown said...

Praying for your family and your community right now! Dear Lord, thank you for your protection over the families and businesses affected by this flooding. You are Lord over all creation and we praise you for the way that You will provide restoration and hope.

Anonymous said...

I'm praying for you Tracy, the Lord is in control. Blessings...

Leah Adams said...

Tracy,

the tv reports are terrible for cedar rapids. are you and your kids ok? praying for you.

Leah

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Thank you, my dear friends and prayer warriors. I will keep you updated on my blog. If you want to see local coverage on the internet it is KCRG-TV 9.

We are OK. We are on high ground, but it is devastating. I sit here crying at the loss. It is not only the river rising, but we have had flash flooding all day. The storm sewers are full and a large creek, Indian Creek has gone over the banks. They are evacuating people. I will update on the blog.

eph2810 said...

Oh Tracy - this is just so horrible. I pray that all will be well soon. That the waters will go back down soon and that our Lord will close the heavens so the land can try up...

(((hugs)))

Thank you for sharing your grateful heart with us, despite you are having horrific weather right now...

Be blessed today and always...

Addicted to Beadz said...

Tracy,

Praying for you and your family, as well as your community and surrounding areas.

Cheryl