Lord, we trust in You......Cedar Rapids flooding

"My God is changeless in His love for me and He will come and help me."-Psalm
59:10 TLB


This was the quote in my daily flip "calendar". I knew God was speaking directly to me on the morning I read it. It was the quote for June 13, the day the flood waters were high and my emotions were low. This little flip calendar is a "Mother's Prayer for Every Day of the Year," an inspirational quote of the day. Most of the quotes are little prayers dealing with motherhood. On Friday, however, it was a verse from Psalms that I needed to hear. When I looked this verse up in my bible, NLT, it sounded very different, and may not have spoken to my heart the way the TLB translation did.


God is a ever-present help in our times of need. When we come to Him, get still and quiet before Him, we can hear the gentle whispers He is always speaking to our spirits. God is always present- He never leaves. It is us that allow fear, doubt, worry, distractions, lies of the enemy, fleshly desires to drown out His sweet voice. He has already spoken so much to us in His Word- verses of hope, encouragement, love, peace.....


But, how easy it is for me to turn on the TV, watching more of the news coverage than to open my bible and pray His verses and promises. But, that is exactly what I need to do in times of trouble and trial. I must choose to quiet my heart and the voices all around me and listen to Him....to seek Him with all of my heart, mind, soul, and STRENGTH.


Jesus tells us that we will have trouble in this world. Because of the sin that Adam and Eve brought into the world, we live in a fallen world. This is a world where there are floods....a fallen world where the waters flood over their boundaries....a fallen world where homes are destroyed....a fallen world where there is cancer. There is disease. There is heartache.


If that were the end, then all would be lost. Our lives would only be as meaningful as what we could manage to do with them in the blink of an eye that we are here. But, praise God, Jesus said, "TAKE HEART, I have OVERCOME the world." Jesus has overcome the sin of this fallen world. This brings hope. This brings security. This brings comfort.


We may have to endure trials of all kinds here on this earth, but there is a day coming when He will wipe away every tear. A day when there will be a new Heaven and a new earth. A day when we receive our perfect bodies free from disease and injury.


And today, we have the peace that passes all understanding. No matter what we are enduring through, Jesus gives us rest. He says, "Come to me all you who are weary and burden laden and I will give you rest." Jesus restores our soul. He leads us beside still, quiet waters. He fills us with comfort. He brings hope of a better today.

"I will take refuge in the the shadow of your wings until the
disaster has passed."-Psalm 57:1

"Fear not, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you b name;
you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you
pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you.- Isaiah 43:1-2

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! In His
great mercy He has given us new birth into a living HOPE through the
resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can
never perish, spoil, or fade..." -1Peter 1:3-4

Father, we praise You and thank You. Lord, You are the same yesterday, today and forever. Lord, we put our hope and our trust in You. We come to You, Lord, who daily bears our burdens. We cast all our care on You. Lord, help us during this time, strengthen our faith. Lord, in our weakness, You are strong. Praise You, Jesus. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.


0 thoughts shared....: