Ever feel like a burned waffle????????

OK, THIS was my morning this morning!!!!!
Put the homemade waffles that I so diligently prepared yesterday in the oven to broil. WHY broil, you ask????????? Well, to heat them up FAST, silly! You know, because I hadn't allowed myself enough time to get all of things I needed to do DONE. So, in effort to speed up the routine, put the frozen waffles in the oven, turned on broil and continued to frantically run around like a chicken with my head cut off!!!!! And, of course, what did I do? Forgot about them! Adding too much stuff to my morning.... Trying to do ONE MORE THING....
So, as I walked down the stairs from brushing my teeth/reading memory verses/getting the checkbook from desk/grabbing my shoes/adjusting my outfit/clicking off the day's schedule in my mind (you know....multitasking????), I realized even before I smelled the AWFUL burning smell that I had forgotten the waffles. "The waffles!!!!" Screaming as I ran down the stairs.
Yep. Confirmed.
Burned.
Useless.
Wasted.
(Well, maybe the dog can eat them.)
Lord, what are you showing me here?
I know I must SLOW down. I must finish something before I begin something else. You are NOT a God of chaos, but a God of order. Help me to depend on You MINUTE by MINUTE and MOMENT by MOMENT. Help me to laugh at the burned waffles of life, but help me to learn the lessons from them.
Love you, God. Thanks for cereal.

3 thoughts shared....:

Carrie Cooper said...

Carrie @ comfortedbyGod.blogspot.com

I know it wasn't funny at the time, but this is so typical of my life, too! You're so right...it's definitely a result of trying to do too much at once. I've burned muffins, toaster strudels, garlic bread... I've learned to set a timer to remind me, even if I'm still in the kitchen. That way I don't forget and ruin everything.

Tamara said...

thanks for that real story - could be mine - grins - a question: can you give the recipe for homemade frozen waffles? is it a normal recipe and you just freeze the waffles? thanks GB Tamara

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Hey, Tamara!

Well....for me they're "homemade"! I use Krusteaz Belgium waffle mix and a waffle iron (my FAVORITE small appliance!). My kids could eat waffles like this everyday! You can add blueberries (any berries) if you like...applesauce...

Then, if there are leftovers (or when I make a double batch), I simply freeze them in ziploc freezer bags. I don't know how long they last because we eat them with a few days!

Thanks for leaving a comment, Tamara!

Blessings,
Tracy