Word-Filled Wednesday

Got up feeling so tired this morning, so I searched for a WFW to repost..... this one encouraged me. I pray it encourages you as well! And, please hop over to Susan's for more encouragement!

"Then we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of men in their deceitful scheming. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into Him who is the Head, that is, Christ." -Ephesians 4:15-16


This week I have been thinking about a quote from Kay Arthur. I challenged my bible study with this passage and I will share it with you.

Beloved, we live with so much noise and busyness that we often don't take enough time to be quiet and think about truth, life, where we are headed, where we want to go , and what we want to accomplish. Consequently we move randomly and purposelessly through life. Pretty soon the years have passed, and we're no different. We've grown older but not wiser- we haven't matured into the stature of the fullness of Christ. We look at others and feel light years behind- all because we didn't BASK in the light of His Word. As you study the Bible, allow time to absorb truth- to think about how it can instruct you, encourage you, and give you wisdom, understanding, counsel, and hope.


Lord, how I want to grow and mature in You! I want to have a passion for You. I don't want to wake up next year and be the same...I want to be changed by You...

Please visit Susan at Forever His for more Word- Filled Wednesday!







24 thoughts shared....:

Beth in NC said...

Amen! I feel the same way. I want to grow and mature! I don't want to remain the same or grow stagnant. I especially don't want to be luke warm.

What a wonderful picture and verse.

Happy WFW!
Beth

Susan said...

What a great verse and INCREDIBLE quote from Kay Arthur!!! She is one of my ALL time favorite mentors, teachers in the body of Christ.

Thanks for sharing today.

Have a blessed day my friend♥

Chelle said...

As always, wonderful post. Blessings!

Sit-N-Chat said...

Beautiful picture and such important message.
Thank you.

Joyfull said...

How true this is. May we strive for maturity continually in the Lord. Beautiful reminder.

Denise said...

Such a wonder filled post my friend.

Laurie Ann said...

Precious picture and Scripture, Tracy. Awesome quote from Kay Arthur. My prayer echoes your own. Happy WFW!

Toia said...

Love it!! I especially love the picture you used. The little baby girl is so adorable. Thanks so much for sharing!! Blessings to you!!

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Yes, I am still working on taking it slow.

smooches,
Larie

christy rose said...

I want to grown up in Him too!

It is amazing how growning up physically is so different than growing up spiritually.

as we grown physically, we become less and less dependent on our parents, but, as we grow up spiritually, we become more and more dependent on our God.

Joyfull said...

Love the picture and was blessed by the encouragement to continue on always in the Lord. Amen to your prayer.

Cathy said...

A precious Word ~

Laurie Ann said...

I love the picture and Scripture, Tracy! Too precious!

The quote by Kay Arthur is right on target. We do need to sit down and ponder those things and bask in His love and plans for us and just come to know Him more intimately.

Happy WFW to you.

Amydeanne said...

so sweet!
Praying for our growth!

lori said...

That is precious friend...I want to mature as well....I want to GROW each and everyday!!

love you!
lori

Lisa said...

Amen Tracy! That really spoke to me. I don't want to be the same a year from now, either. I want to grow in maturity, knowledge and love of Christ. Thank you so much for this -- I loved it!

Hugs,
Lisa

Anonymous said...

Have to share this one with my sis!

Cathy said...

I love your precious picture and verse. Blessings ~

Lifes journey said...

She is adorable baby...The verse is also great. happy WFW! mine is up.

LeAnn said...

What is not to like when you see that darling face!!! Great seeing you verse, it inspires. :)

Peggy said...

AMEN and blessings Tracy!!! How precious is this little bundle of JOY! I pray that each moment I have in God's Word helps me to grow and mature! Absorb His truth! Amen. Such an inspirational quote from Kay... thanks for sharing this! ohhh how I want to be changed by Him! Thanks Tracy! EnJOY a word filled week!
(hugs)
Peggy

Susan said...

Great word Tracy!

Loved that quote by Kay Arthur. She truly is my all time favorite teacher of the word.

Thanks so much for joining us today at WFW♥

Mary said...

Amen Tracy! It is my desire to grow up moment by moment and be changed by His grace moment by moment. Love the quote from Kay Arthur too. I like "allow time to absorb truth". Sometimes we just get in too much of a hurry and don't allow the Living Word to change us. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings.

ozjane said...

I believe that life is so full of stuff these days that we need this consciousness of His purpose and place in our lives to be constantly renewed throughout the days.....lest they just slip past.....