Ash Wednesday

He does not treat us as our sins deserve or repay us according to our iniquities.
For as high as the heavens are above the earth,
so great is His love for those who fear Him;
as far as the east is from the west,
so far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father has compassion on His children,
so the Lord has compassion on those who fear Him;
for He knows how we were formed,
He remembers that we are DUST...(Psalm 103:10-14)
...from dust you are
and to dust you will return....
I just returned from the Ash Wednesday service...
Jesus.

What a beautiful Name.

What He did. What He does.

Our pastor challenged us to "give up" more than than the traditional chocolate. "Give up" something that will help you draw near to Him....in His presence in preparation for Easter.
Lord, I want to give up my critical spirit.

Complaining.

Self-centered-ness.

Turning to food instead of filling up on Him.

Every judgemental thought.

Every selfish ambition.

I want to "give up" everything of this fleshly, sinful nature....

I want to "give up" these stinking grave clothes...

I want to walk in the Spirit.

I want to walk in the BLOOD...

the SACRIFICE...

I want to put off my old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires...

to be made new in the attitude of my mind...

to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. (Ephesians 5:24)


I must decrease so He may increase.
Less of me, and more of You.
Less of me, and more of You.
Less of me.....NONE of me..
and ALL OF YOU...
Lord, I rend my heart and not my garments...
I am tearing my heart wide open, falling down on my face and asking You to do such a mighty work in me. Purify me.
Make my heart right.


4 thoughts shared....:

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

Wow, Tracy!

Lord I know you hear her sincere petition and thank you for moving her to share. In the name of Christ and because of His blood, Amen.

smooches,
Larie

Edie said...

I just love your heart Tracy. Your devotion and adoration of our King is Wonderful!

Rich blessings to you my sister.

Denise said...

Such a precious post.

Kathryn said...

Wishing you a rich and reflective Lenten season, my friend.