Fill Me Up! (but not with empty cups!!!!!!)

I was pondering Psalm 62 the other morning.


“My soul finds rest in God alone; my salvation comes from Him. He alone is
my rock and my salvation; He is my fortress, I will never be shaken…Find rest in
God alone; my hope comes from Him. He alone is my fortress, I will not be
shaken.” Psalm 62:1-2, 5-6



Wow! These verses gave me goose bumps. Oh, how they spoke to my heart. “Oh, yes, Lord!” I thought. “You are my rock. I do find rest in You alone! I will never be shaken!”

And I immediately heard, “Uh huh. Hmmmmmmm. Do you really find rest in me ALONE??? Do you really depend upon me? On ME ALONE? Am I really your fortress, Tracy?

OUCH. If I were to be honest, then, no, I had not been seeking my rest, my hope, my needs in God, and certainly not Him ALONE.......


I am over at Laced With Grace today!

Please click here to finish this devotion!


Blessings!


2 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Such a beautiful devotion.

Tracy said...

Hooray for vacation! So happy for you guys. Have a great time! Looking forward to seeing the photos when you get back. Take care!

Blessings,
Tracy