At the Well

Greetings from the well! "From the....well?" you wonder. "What does it mean to be at the well? In Bible times, women gathered (or didn't if they were outcasts of society) at the well to draw water and socialize. It was a time for shared "secrets," a time to talk to other women, perhaps to share favorite recipes and advice.....


I would like to invite you to a new meme I am so excited about- "At the Well." Chelsey from "Joyfully Living" has "dreamed" it, and has organized it with intentions to encourage women. Listen to what she says:
"Ladies, this is what the Well is all about. My prayer is that this will be a place to talk, laugh, maybe cry a little, comfort, share, listen, glean wisdom from those that have been-there-done that, and share wisdom that God has whispered in your ear, or maybe if your like me He has had to scream it real loud like!). A place to exchange ideas and lessons learned. A place to pour out your heart and maybe even heal a broken one. A place to feed your soul and nourish your spirit. A place to drink in His living water."

I am so excited to be a part of this new encouragement! Today's thought is:



What does being a Titus 2 Woman mean to you ?



It is important to first know what "Titus 2" says!


"Titus" is a book of the Bible where Paul is writing to Titus, a pastor in Crete, advising church members how to live godly lives. About the women, Paul writes:



"...teach the older women to be reverent in the way they live, not to be
slanderers or addicted to much wine, but to teach what is GOOD. Then they can train the younger women to
love their husbands and children, to be self-controlled and pure, to be busy at home, to be
kind, and to be subject to their husbands, so that no one will malign the word
of God."

Wow! As you can see, we will be delving into some awesome topics for encouragement, challenges, and inspiration!

For today, to take the whole passage, and think about what it means to be a Titus 2 woman, I am pondering HOW I want to be this woman.

I think for me, it is leaving a legacy to my children, teaching them how to live for Christ.



No, that's not what I want...I want them to see what it's like to LOVE for Christ. I want them to have a relationship with Jesus. I spent most of my adult life searching...not know WHAT I was looking for until I found Jesus. WHEN they have a relationship with the Lord, they will WANT to live for Jesus. All of these principles flow out of a heart that LOVES the Lord.

For me, I want to BE that Titus 2 woman. I want these principles to be CAUGHT, as well as TAUGHT. I want to be a LIGHT shining for HIM.

Please visit AT THE WELL for more encouragement on Titus 2. Blessings!


7 thoughts shared....:

Laurie Ann said...

Tracy, I, too, want them to be caught as well as taught. God will surely bless this wonderful ministry God is doing through Chelsey. Looking forward to seeing you and everyone at the well...

Denise said...

Very nice, refreshing post.

lori said...

I am pondering too HOW to be this woman...you are not alone:)
How to leave the legacy and be an example...

I'm with you...
The Chicago trip looked like a great break!!
We lived there for 2 1/2 years...great city!!

peace!!
hugs!!
lori

Tricia said...

That is so well said, I too want my children to catch my love for the Lord and love them wholeheartedly for themselves!

I think this meme is a great idea, I had come across it and wanted to join but have not had the time to fully investigate it since we have had visitors the past week, maybe I can join next week.

Blessings!

Deborah said...

"to see what it's like to LOVE for Christ"

I had to go back and read that phrase twice and my response was...WOW...I want to LOVE for Christ while I LIVE for Christ.
Thanks for the insight.
Deborah

Lauren said...

I was thinking similar thoughts the other day...that I don't want to only teach my children to know Scripture, I want to teach them to LOVE Scripture.

Great post!

Anonymous said...

Amen!!!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Karen
www.homesteadblogger.com/tagblog