Thankful Thursday



Dear Lord....I am so thankful for the love, kindness, caring, encouragement and support of others during the flood.

It has been amazing to me to see the outpouring of kindness and caring from around the country and around the world for the flood survivors and for our community. I have gotten emails and phone calls asking how we are and if there is anything they can do to help us.

My husband's company was flooded (he is 2 blocks from the river) and the next day, phone calls began pouring in- both on his business cell and our home phone.

I have experienced such kindness through blogging friends- emails of concern and phone calls. Many, many prayers going up.

When you read letters to the editor in the paper, there are people writing from all over the world, sending encouragement. One letter that had me crying was from South Carolina. This person described how the world is watching our community and how we are helping one another and that we are such an inspiration. Wow. That was amazing- the whole letter was so loving.

One man called our home from Canada. He had seen the flood on the news and was searching for his friend. She has a similar last name as ours. He didn't know how to reach her...it was a "shot in the dark" to call our home. Well, he didn't have the right phone number, so I called him to let him know. I couldn't find his friend's number. It turns out she lived and had a shop in Czech Village (totally ruined) and her story was in the Gazette Newspaper a couple of days later. Through that, I was able to track her down so that she knew her friend was trying to reach her. Isn't God amazing???? Can't you just see His Sovereignty through that? That he would call me, I would see the paper and feel compelled to DO something...

I am sooo thankful for the good I can see in the flood. So, although I am not thankful FOR the flood, I am so thankful for what God is doing IN the flood and THROUGH the flood. We will forever be changed here in Cedar Rapids....and through His Grace, much of it is changes for the good. In ALL things, God works for the good.

And we know that in all things God works for the GOOD of those who love Him and
are called according to His purpose. - Romans 8:28

Please visit Iris for more thankfulness!! Blessings!

8 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

Oh - your thankful post touched me - I live in "Hurricane Alley", and nothing demonstrates God's love so purely as those who come to help in such a time of need. My heart goes out to you at such a hard time; I can relate to how you feel... but God's grace is enough for us.
Blessings to you,
Angela
http://testosteronepalace.blogspot.com/

Heather said...

God works in amazing ways. What a treat to be a part of His plan in connecting those two people!

Laurie Ann said...

Isn't it amazing how God works? He is so loving toward us and has sacrificed so much. He is truly to be praised. God bless your thankful heart and I hope you have a wonderful TT and 4th.

Susan said...

Oh Tracy,

What a testimony this all is, and how God has been glorified through this flood.

So blessed you guys are OK, and I'm so touched by your grateful heart in the midst of the storm!

Blessing, and Happy 4th of July!!

Susan

on the Rock said...

God is good and works through many many people and circumstances! Thank you for sharing your thankful heart:)

Peggy said...

Precious Tracy...I'm so thankful that the many prayers have carried you, your family, Cedar Rapids, & businesses through this flood! I ralize the total devastation but I am so appreciative to see your thankful spirit holding on to Romans 8. To hear that you are being blessed amidst this hardship!
To see how you are reaching out and blessing others! To know that people are reaching out, touching & blessing & pouring their prayers and hearts into staying strong! I am deeply moved and touched! This is such an encouragement to hear!

Bless you & CR & may there be more
Godly favor upon you & the business. Bless your greatful and surviving spirit of thriving and looking for the GOOD amidst all the pain! May God continue to help rebuild! May His loving heart keep
moving people to help IN & THROUGH this flood...with a FLOOD of His mecy & grace & good purpose.

Cedar Rapids, we love your triumphant spirit! Press on!
Be blessed abundantly!

Leaon Mary said...

I just read your Fourth of July Post Tracy at the cafe.
I am praying for you and your family and friends... the pictures touched me so deeply....
You are In my thoughts and prayers,
God bless the USA....
<*)))><
Lea

eph2810 said...

Wow - Tracy - that indeed is so cool that you were able to 'track-down' a woman who a man was searching for - yeah - God is pretty cool in how He can turn a disaster into something good. I am so glad that your community has received so much support to get out of the flood - PTL!
Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us.

Blessings to you and yours...