OUCH! Will it hurt??????????

When I finished yesterday's blog, I went up to the shower to get ready for church. I love to pray in the shower. I had written about the "merchants" from Psalm 107 and was praying about what I had written/read/pondered on. I began to pray, "Lord, I want to walk in what I just wrote. I want to be humble, not rebellious. Lord, I want to submit to Your will and be obedient....." Along those lines.... When I stopped myself. Yikes! What had I just prayed?????? (See previous blogs "Will I Walk in It- Parts 1 and 2). Hadn't I just gone through this same thing several days ago? If I pray to "walk in it," God will give me opportunities to walk in it, and that might hurt! It may be uncomfortable, and I don't want discomfort- I want gentle, easy..... Obedience may be painful. God may ask me to do something that I don't want to do, or to stop doing something I like doing. (I know- I am very immature! I get mad at myself at times! Bear with me, though, as God doesn't leave me here)

God spoke to my heart, "Stop. Those are lies from the enemy!" You, see, Satan wants us to believe that obedience to God will hurt. Think about the garden!!!!! Adam and Eve had paradise. They were walking with God (literally!) and had everything they could desire. But, God had required their obedience. He said, "You are free to eat from any tree in the garden; but you must not eat from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, for when you eat of it, you will surely die." Like my friend said once, God did not want them to even have the knowledge of evil. As parents, we tell them "no" to things for their safety. Sometimes we don't go in to "details." Think of child molestors. I don't want my children to even have the knowledge of the depths of evil. I don't want them to even know how (and the details) these people could hurt them. I tell them not to talk to strangers- in person, on the internet, on the phone, because I do not want them to ever experience this evil. God did not want His precious children to have the knowldege of evil, to "know all the details," so He told them not to eat it.

Here we go, the enemy right here deceived them into thinking obedience "would hurt," that obedience wasn't good. He tells them if they eat it, "their eyes will be opened and they will be like God." Eve thought her way was better than God's way. We sometimes believe that when we obey, it may not be good for us, it may "hurt." I think, "Well, if I obey, it may be against my desires. I may have to "give up" my desires." Oh God, if my desires are against Yours, change my desires!!!!!!!! That is where I get "stuck" sometimes. You see, God is good. His desires for me are perfect. Maybe even my desires are good, but they are not God's best for me. He calls me into obedience because He loves me. He wants the best for me. His ways, His plans are perfect. The enemy tries to deceive me into having the attitude, "God is holding back on you. He just doesn't want you to have this. If you obey Him, you'll have to give up the desires of your heart...."

Replace the lies with Truth!

God loves me! (John 3:16, Zephaniah 3:17,)
I am precious to Him! (Isaiah 43:4)
He gives me the desires of my heart! (Psalm 37:4)
He has good plans for me! (Jeremiah 29:11)
There is joy in obedience (all of Paul's letters in the New Testament!)

Father God, I praise You! I love You! You are so good! Thank You for loving me so much. Thank You that Your ways are perfect and Your plans are good. Please forgive my attitude of thinking that obedience might be painful. You are a good God. You are not "holding back on me," but at times protecting me, at times giving me something better than what I want. Lord, help me to always trust You. I do want to walk in humility, not rebellion. I want to walk in obedience. Lord, if my desires don't line up with yours in an area, then change my desires! Make my desires Your desires. I love You, Lord! In Jesus' Name I pray. Amen.

Blessings to you all this fine Monday morning!

6 thoughts shared....:

Melissa said...

Hi Tracy!
Thank you so much for the encouraging comment. I appreciate our common goal to reach women for Jesus. Press on!

Melissa Guinn

Speaking Thru Me Ministries said...

hey sweet sister - i am finanly home!!!! it was wonderful, but so glad to be home to my hubby. 7 days is too long!!

have a great week and I will check back in with oyu!!

Leigh

Chelle said...

Beautiful post! Thanks for sharing...and AMEN!

Thank you for stopping by my blog, and commenting, I love that! 5 kids? You are superwoman. My husband is the youngest of 6, and I told him if he wants that many, he'll have to have some. HA!

Be blessed today.

Susan Skitt said...

So true Tracy! I so identify with you when you said, "if my desires are against Yours, change my desires!!!!!!!!" Yes, God only wants what is best for us. Why do we fight Him so often? May each of us learn to humbly submit. I know I need to learn how to do this more... I'm so glad God is merciful and forgiving:)

Unknown said...

Thank you for sharing this Tracy, it was so inspirational. I feel this way so many times. As we get deeper into His Word, we ask our Lord to humble us and show us His way and immediately the enemy comes like a roaring lion with His lies.

This reminds me of what is stated in Mark 4:3-4 and Mark 4:14-15. We need to guard our hearts so that when God's good Word is sown in our hearts we do not allow the enemy to come and steal it with his lies.

By the way, thank you so much for visiting and the beautiful comment on my blog.

Blessings,
JEN

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Melissa, thanks for stopping by! Isn't God so sweet to us in that He crosses our paths with other women with a heart for Jesus?

Blessings, Sister!


Leigh,
I am sooooo glad you are home! Love you friend!


Chelle,
Thank you! As far as the kiddos... after 3, what's 1 more or 2 more, or 3 more, or.... :)
Definately NOT superwoman!!!!

Blessings, Sister!


Susan,
So glad you stopped by! Thanks for your comment- Amen and Amen!
Where would I be w/o His mercy???

Blessings!



Jen,
Thank you! I love the parable of the sower. Each part holds so much Truth. "Above all else, guard your heart for it holds the wellspring of life!"

Blessings, Sister!