Spiritual “Giant”???!!!!

In the past week, two people have commented on my “spirituality.” One friend said that people at my church look to me as a spiritual leader. Another friend, after reading my recent blog about having a really hard day, said, “I was so glad to see you have days like that, too!” I was pondering these comments this morning during my prayer time, a little surprised by them. I certainly don’t feel like a “giant!” And, I daily have to fight off temptations and wrong thinking. I don’t want people to think that it “easy” for me, that it doesn’t take “on purpose” kind of living. And, I don’t believe we (anyone) can just start to “skate” through our daily faith walk. It takes daily time with the Refresher, time in His Word, time in prayer. It takes a daily emptying of ME, and filling up on Him. And, there are struggles! My flesh will fight me! The enemy will tempt me! I will fail, but praise God, that He who began a good work in me will bring it to completion! Thank God that His mercies are new each morning and He forgives me!


A couple of thoughts….

I thought about the Sermon on the Mount. Jesus said “Blessed is the poor in Spirit, for theirs is the Kingdom of heaven.” Hallelujah! You see, in my brokenness, I come to Jesus, surrendering to Him, and I receive the Kingdom of Heaven! When I am weary, He gives me Rest. When I don’t know where to turn, He is the Light.

He says, “Blessed are the meek, for they will inherit the earth." Other words for “meek” are humble, submissive, gentle. When I empty myself of pride, come before Him in humility, He stores up an inheritance for me. I want to submit myself to Him. I want to surrender all that I am, every area of my life to Him. I want to be gentle in spirit.

And, “Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.” When we hunger after Him, hungering for a greater intimacy, a deeper relationship, WE WILL BE FILLED!

Dear ones, if you only could see how far I’ve “come”- the depth from which He has saved me! I am no “spiritual giant”- only a woman so grateful for His love and forgiveness that I want more and more and more and more and more of Him! What you see is me clinging on to Him for dear life! If I let go, I don’t know where I would be or WHO I would be! All I know is that I want LESS of me and more of Him!

Another thought….

I was thinking how the Israelites had to get daily manna in the desert. They couldn’t store up and use manna later. They had to gather it for THAT day only. I was thinking about that in relation to my prayer time and reading the Word. I need to fill up on God each day! Every day I need to get a fresh supply. Each day, God has something new to teach me. I need refreshment for THIS day. That is how I grow closer to Him. That is how I grow spiritually. That is how I grow in maturity. It is how I develop weapons to fight against the enemy’s attacks.

Paul said in Philippians 3:12-14, “Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect (mature), but I press on to take hold of that which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself et to taken hold of it. But one thing I do: forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.”

Father, we praise your Holy Name! Thank you Lord that you bring each and every one of us on a journey, and that you have a plan for us. Lord, I pray encouragement over these dear ones. Let them fix their eyes on Jesus, the author and perfector of their faith, following the path you have marked out for us. Let us not grow weary, but fight the good fight of faith, never comparing ourselves to anyone else. Father, give us manna today. Fill us with you. In Jesus’ Name we pray. Amen.

0 thoughts shared....: