Word-Filled Wednesday

This is an amazing psalm! Listen to this!

"Keep me safe, O God, for in You I take refuge. I said to the Lord, 'You are my Lord; apart from You I have no good thing'.....Lord, You have assigned me my portion and my cup; You have made my lot secure. The boundary lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; surely I have a delightful inheritance. I will praise the LORD, who counsels me.....I have set the LORD always before me. Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken. Therefore my heart is glad and my tongue rejoices; my body also will rest secure because You will not abandon me...You have made known to me the path of life; You will fill me with joy in Your presence."

There is JOY in His presence! How do I "get" joy???? IN HIS PRESENCE!

God has assigned us our portion and cup and He has made our lots secure. He has "fenced" us in a secure place.....our boundary lines are in PLEASANT places!

Do you feel insecure today? Rest in this psalm. Ponder it. Ask God to fill You with this revelation and understanding that Your inheritance is delightful. When You have made Christ Your Lord and Savior, Your inheritance is SECURE! Peter says in 1Peter 1, "Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord, Jesus Christ. In His great mercy He has given us new birth into a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, and into an inheritance that can never perish, spoil or fade- kept in heaven for you, shielded by God's power who through faith are until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time."

This psalm must have impacted Peter because he also quotes it in Acts 2:22. After Peter's speech, the Bible says about 3,000 (men- not including women and children!) became Believers that day!

Lord, help us get a revelation of the great and glorious inheritance we have as Your children. You have something so marvelous waiting for us in Heaven....something that will never perish. And, we have rest, security, and joy in Your presence right now! Help us (help ME!) to get a hold of that, God! Fill me with joy in Your presence, Lord! I love You, God!

Please visit for more WFW!

11 thoughts shared....:

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh thank You, Lord, for your goodness and grace. May we never forget that Your boundaries are for our protection and security.

Thank you, Tracy, for this reminder today. May you have a wonderful WFW!

ozjane said...

I love that verse.
Someone recently said I can never be happy again, referring to the death of her husband. It hit me like a ton of bricks, she said I can be joyful and blest .....
I think I had to shut my mouth because although I have been on my own since 1982 and have much loss in my life I am happy, content and the lines have fallen for me in pleasant places.
Interesting how something suddenly opens up a person to your understanding in a completely new way.

Lauren said...

I love this word -- it reminds me that boundaries are a GOOD thing ... there's safety in the boundary lines of the Lord!:)

Cathy said...

Thanks for sharing that wonderful verse and Psalm. Thank God for His Word. Blessings ~

LeAnn said...

There is joy in His presence, how I love that!!!

lori said...

Hey! We used to sing a song at church..."Keep me Safe O God...Keep me safe, you are my hope my God...O God you are my portion and my cup..to you I am so very thankful.."

Now I've got it in my head! LOVE IT!!
Sent you an email!

You BLESSED me today!! I am SOOO very grateful to call you friend!!

hugs!
lori

Amydeanne said...

beautifully done Tracy! I enjoyed your WFW today.
god bless!

Unknown said...

Wow you obviously have the Word of God in Your Belly! Awesome...I am inspired by your post. AND THE NAME OF YOUR BLOG ROCKS!

Blessings Always
Happy WFW

Unknown said...

I thought I left the comment after I was inspired by your post. God's blessings to you!

Happy WFW

Lois of HisFireKids said...

Ok I have tried to thank you for the post 3 times now =( I have to go bathe the twins so I hope this works.

I was blessed by not just ur post but ur whole blog!

Happy WFW

❀~Myrna~❀ said...

This is a wonderful verse & pic !Amen there is joy in his presence!
Blessings,
~Myrna