Happy 1st Day of Spring!

OK, God has such an amazing sense of HUMOR! Today is the first day of Spring... (Happy Spring!).....and we woke up this morning to 3 inches of SNOW on the ground!!!!!! God is full of surprises!

Here is the post I WAS writing for today! LOL!

Oh, I am so thankful for the first signs of Spring! The weather is warmer, the snow has finally melted away, revealing the patches of green underneath, and the daffodils have been peeking up. The sweet sparrows are fluttering, and the morning doves have been awakening me with their beautiful songs. I have been enchanted by their sweet cooing. I have even seen a robin dancing around!

Ah, spring is in the air! When I take deep breaths outside, I can smell the crispness, the cleanness. I am so thankful for Spring.

This Spring I am especially thankful because the winter was long.

I love that God can show us how wonderful Spring is by the trials of the winter. Would I have appreciated this Spring if it were not for such a hard winter?

I am thankful for Spring because it a season of Life, and I am thankful for the Life that brings Spring.

Now, I am looking forward to Spring with eager expectation......hope. I have experienced the death of winter and now long for the new life of Spring.

"HOPE springs eternal".....and SPRING brings HOPE.

Hope springs eternal in the human breast;
Man never Is, but always To be blest:
The soul, uneasy and confin'd from home,
Rests and expatiates in a life to come.

-Alexander Pope,
An Essay on Man, Epistle I, 1733

God wants to show us the HOPE we have in a RISEN Jesus Christ through the new life we see all around us. He is NOT DEAD! Hallelujah! He is ALIVE!

"You are looking for Jesus the Nazarene, who was crucified. He has risen! He is not here. "(in the tomb) Mark 16:6


Oh, how good God is. I love that Easter for us falls in this season of Life. When we experience Christ's resurrection from the darkness of death, my eyes, nose, ears- all of my senses experience the same thing happening in nature.

We see things "spring to life" after a long, cold, bleak season of death.

There is a time for winter. There is a time for Spring.

Lord, thank You for Spring! But, most of all, thank You for Jesus, who IS the Resurrection.


2 thoughts shared....:

christschild said...

Amen...thank you Jesus for Spring!
I know how you feel Tracy:) It has been very nice around here and come Sunday the hight will be 46;)
I'm very ready for the hight to stay in the 70's. What beautiful weather spring brings....what beautiful weather the Lord gives us.
Have a very blessed day!
Elizabeth

Brian Ray Todd said...

Thank you for the post. Here in Southern California, we do not have snow or freezing temperatures , so the four season are hardly distinguishable, except for the deciduous trees loosing their leaves. But I do love the Lord and what He did for us on Good Friday and Easter Sunday. The death and resurrection were for you and I, and all that accept the free gift of forgiveness and eternal life. We are blessed because He is risen!