Christ's Ambassadors


"For we are to God the aroma of Christ among those we are being saved and among those who are perishing." 2 Corinthians 2:15

I used this picture because I received the ultimate compliment recently!

Was it that I looked great?

Nope. I usually have "bed head"...wearing my sweatshirt..no makeup.

Was it that I spoke with such authority....offering nuggets of profound wisdom?

Nope. I usually just say, "Good morning."

So, what was this compliment that had me so excited?

Ashley came home from school with a message from the car "valet", the teacher that opens the car doors as kids are getting out and going to school:

"Tell your mom 'thank you' for me. Every morning she smiles at me and makes me feel so good."

Wow.

Do we realize the difference our "smile" makes?

I want to be the AROMA of CHRIST! I want to shine His Light to everyone around me! I want strangers to wonder what is radiating in me and friends to know that it is Christ! And....I want everyone to think, "I want what SHE has!"

Not the perfect body.

Not the latest clothes.

Not the most expensive car (or jewelry or house).

Nope.

I want people around me to want...

THE LIGHT OF CHRIST.

And, it is always so important to remember that we are the ambassadors of Christ.

People are watching us- even when we don't realize it!

We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making His appeal through us. 2Corinthians 5:20

I loved this devotion from Joel Osteen:

TODAY'S WORD from Joel and Victoria

Did you know God had a plan for you before the foundations of the earth? He created you to be holy and blameless in His sight. Why? He chose you to be His ambassador, His representative on the earth. God created you to reflect His glory. He created you to reflect His character, His righteousness, His holiness. Think about that for a moment. Part of your purpose on this earth is to be a representative for the King of kings and the Lord of lords. That should make you want to walk a little differently. It should make you want to talk differently. It should make you think a little more carefully about the places you go and the things you do.

Please visit my wonderful friend Lori for more WFW!


6 thoughts shared....:

Anonymous said...

May we all be a pleasing aroma to Him. I love the Osteen's ministry as well. Those devotions come in handy to bring encouragement to all.

lori said...

Sista, Sista, Sista!
You just SPOKE my heart today...that's it! What do I want to be?? The aroma of Christ...you know..chocolate chip cookie baking aroma!

I LOVED seeing your smiling face! BeaUtiful you are!! You REALLY introducing me!!!! YIPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! It'll be just like being there!

Thanks for the prayers...the butterflies have begun to flutter...remember?? ;)

love you!
lori

LeAnn said...

This was so touching. You must have felt wonderful when you heard that. My husband was getting some food at Taco Time's drive through. The young man with multiple piercings and tatoos gave my husband a free drink. He said that he is always so kind every time he comes. My hubby was blessed, and I was blessed by the story. Same here, I am blessed by your story and rejoice with you~!

Lisa said...

There's no better compliment than that you made someone's day or touched someone's life. Great WFW and blessings friend.

Lisa

Cathy said...

A pretty picture and great verse ~ I love Joel's encouragement. Blessings ~

ozjane said...

I love to smile.....it is so interesting to see some folks totally unable to handle it. But more do smile back or begin a conversation.