Word-filled Wednesday

This is one of my all-time favorite WFW (first posted Oct. 08). I have been thinking about it as I continue to pray for those who are suffering in Haiti and now Chile. But, one thing God has been showing me is that I don't need to travel across the globe to reach out to the hurting.... All I need to do is extend a helping hand to my neighbor....a smile to the checkout clerk...a meal to the new mom.....clothes to the needy....

Jesus tells us that when we reach out our hands and help people in need it is helping Him. When we feed the poor, it is feeding Him.


When we give the thirsty a drink, it is giving Jesus a drink.


When we visit the sick or those in prison it is like helping Jesus.


And please visit Penny for more Word inspiration!


27 thoughts shared....:

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful depiction of how we are to care for others in showing our love for Christ, Tracy. Hope you have a happy WFW!

Denise said...

Amen, such truth. Bless you sweet one.

Unknown said...

AMEN! I have been posting about helping the least of these for the past few weeks and pray more will join in to reach out to His children everywhere!

Have a blessed day Tracy!
Love,
Jill

Debra Kaye said...

Tracy,

This is such a great illustration of this verse! I was so touched by it. Thank you so much for sharing it with us this WFW.

Blessings to you today!

Kristi said...

WHOOO HOoO! God is amazing. I'm so proud of your boldness and your courage and the amazing God that has every detail planned. NOthing is by chance. Blessings to you!

Sunny Shell said...

AMEN!! Thank you for this beautiful reminder of the kindness and compassion of Christ our Savior! May we truly be His hands and feet as we share His Gospel with all the world that they may "drink" from the Living Water and never thirst again!

Bless you!
Sunny

Natalie said...

What a powerful verse. Happy WFW!

He & Me + 3 said...

Love that passage of scripture. We are walking examples of Christ no doubt...we need to be His hands extended.

~Amy~ said...

such a sweet WFW this week. Thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! I have three layers of holy bumps, girl. What an amazing God moment! What an inspiration. What an unforgettable "meeting" you had with James. No doubt he's spent time contemplating what you shared. Praying with you that God will finish the work in his heart and life. You've blessed me so by this today.

Blessings,
Tracy

Melanie said...

Tracy, Thanks for such a great reminder of all God has done for us.

Happy WFW!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

I love that verse. Even when all I can do is a little bit for some one else I keep this verse in mind.

Michele Williams said...

Amen! Great reminder. Thank you for sharing.

Anonymous said...

What a powerful message the verse and picture make together, great post!

Nancie said...

Thank you for this precious reminder that when we reach out to others we are doing it as unto Him! Thanks for these encouraging verses. The picture is such great visual! Thanks for visiting me and your encouraging comment. Blessings to you too!

Amydeanne said...

loved this WFW! hugs!

Peggy said...

Blessings Tracy, The way in which you did this powerful verse from scripture...with part faded & the other boldly in front, speaks volumes not just to the great illustration of being Jesus but to the actual WOW of reaching out to James & following the Holy Spirit's prompting as you followed through. God was opening a new door for you to see your prayer answered to be bold & you obeyed in boldness without relenting! Praise God!
We all know that takes alot! We have it all stored up inside us and then finally we let God flow & touch others, reach others, walk through this aMazing opportunity,
"for we are not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power unto SALVATION" James, be ready...Tracy is praying you into the kingdom! Thank you Tracy for sharing this in WFW! It's past time for each of us to feed the poor, give a drink, visit the sick, elderly or imprisoned starting with the children and those not so child like, we need to be ready to move as the hands & feet of Jesus!

life's journey said...

This is a beautiful verse thanks for sharing. It is nice to help other. happy WFW! Mine is up.

Anonymous said...

Perfect, perfect, perfect!

Nic said...

What an amazing word picture there! I agree with what you said expecially in light of Haiti and Chile, it makes this verse even more powerful.

Maxine said...

Oh, so true. So dear to my heart. Thank you for that picture and for these thoughts. And what is so important for us to remember is that the poor and downtrodden are so important and dear to the heart of God Himself. And as you say, they are all around us. Thank you for a precious WFW post.

Cathy said...

Thank you for those Words and thoughts today. Blessings ~

ozjane said...

We are studying sermon on the mount and up to the part about doing things in secret, but this is a lovely story and I boast in His prompting ....not in my actions.
I was dead on my feet, literally and could barely walk and had been in the local store....there was a large lemonade bottle for 99c ...so I took it.....had I noticed it was large I probably would have left it but I was in pain so grabbed it and went on. When I got to my car I looked across at the car in the disabled spot across the way from me and a lady had her head on the wheel. I watched and she did not lift it so as her window my side was open I asked was she ok. She said she had felt as though she was going to faint in the store (getting cigarettes) and came out to the car
I said..I have some lemonade I just got and I am sure I had a cup or something in the boot (trunk) of the car. Thankfully I found a plastic cup and wiped it and took it and poured the lemonade. She was so grateful and was able to drive off before I did.
So simple.....and nothing said about it being in His name, but I so know He ordered it that way.

Alexis said...

This is perfect

Susan said...

Tracy,

This is so powerful and so TRUE.

We will hear these words one day.

Hope you had a great day♥

Amydeanne said...

it's one of mine to!

Kaye Swain said...

Wonderful photo and words of encouragement! Thank you. :)