What have you been EATING?

There is such POWER in our tongue.....in our words.

Power to encourage....

to love....

to exercise FAITH....

to bless....

to bring LIFE to all those who hear.

BUT also power to...

discourage....

beat down.....

hate.....

doubt....

curse.....

bring DEATH.....

to ourselves and all those who hear our words.

Proverbs tells us that we EAT the fruit of our words.

What have you been eating lately?

Lord, sanctify my mouth! I want my words to bring LIFE to all those who hear them. In Jesus' Name we pray. Amen.


20 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

So, so true. I pray the same thing...sanctify my mouth, Lord. I want my words to bring LIFE to all those who hear them. AMEN!

So much love to you, friend. : )

((hugs))
Laura

partialemptynester said...

The fruit in the picture looks so bright, beautiful and refreshing! Great mental picture to reference as I speak words to others, may my words be as bright, beautiful and refreshing as that fruit! Thanks for such a great mental picture!

Debbie Petras said...

So true. We can choose to use our tongue for good and sometimes that means just holding our tongue and not speaking.

Denise said...

Bless you for this delicious post.

Wanda said...

Yes Lord sanctify my mouth. Thanks for this lovely reminder to stand guard over the words I use today.

lori said...

ohhhhhhhhhhhhh yes my friend! After mine last week, the TONGUE and our words have been the topic around here! I'll print this one off and give my people something new to look at and ponder!

wonderful words!!

Sooooo good!

love you!
lori

livinginbetween said...

Ahem. Well . . . um, a mix of berries and garbage, perhaps? I am so convicted by this because I struggle with gracious speech sometimes. Ugh!

The perfect word-picture is in my head this morning. Thank you!

Susan said...

Amen! Thanks Tracy...

A word I truly need to be reminded of daily.

Blessings to you this WFW♥

Mary said...

We need to keep this close to our hearts daily. Our tongues can turn so quickly to be negative. Great verse and picture. Thanks so much for sharing. Blessings on your day.

Anonymous said...

Love it. One of my favorites verses is Psalm 19:18 "May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O Lord..." So much so that I have it as my permanent signature on my email to guard and check myself constanctly. Our words are very powerful indeed. They can stomp down or lift up. Thanks for sharing this WFW.

Anonymous said...

Amen! Happy WFW!

Please join me on Pursuit of Titus 2 for a blog party that you can not miss!!! I am hosting a True Woman Manifesto Blog Party courtesy of Revive Our Hearts with Nancy Leigh Demoss. Please, I encourage you to link up with this blessed event. Click the link below to find out more and I hope to see you ALL there! May God Bless you!!! It is time for us as women to embrace our Biblical role as women, wives and mothers according to Titus 2 and Proverbs 31...We need to take back what the feminist movement tried to start in destroying our Biblical roles and get back to what GOD said through HIS word! I Hope to see you there!

http://www.pursuitoftitus2.com/2010/06/new-for-titus-2-tuesday-true-woman.html

Kela said...

AMEN!!!!! I speak life!

Carrie said...

Great WFW!! I've never noticed that about that verse before! Thanks for sharing!

Daughter of the KING said...

Never read anyone's post until I enter mine so that I am not using others ideas. Today the Holy Spirit has spoken at least twice of the tongue through your post and mine.

If you have time click over to post...

Amydeanne said...

amen! what a wonderful refreshment this morning!
happy WFW!

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

You are so right -- Words are so powerful! Thanks for the perfect reminder to make sure our words bear sweet fruit...

Living for Him, Joan

Missie said...

So true! thank you for your wfw

Whidbey Woman said...

Amen!

Cathy said...

A great WFW ~ love your picture.

LauraLee Shaw said...

Tongues in honor of Life Himself. Love it!