Beautiful


















"The King is enthralled by your beauty." Psalm 45:11


In a world that is constantly trying to tell us that we don't "measure up"...

......in lots of ways....

I'm not "good" enough....
I'm not pretty enough...
I'm not skinny enough....
I'm not smart enough....
I'm not a good enough mother...
daughter....
friend....
I'm not good enough because I don't have a husband.
I'm not good enough because I don't have a career.
I'm not good enough...
I'm not enough!

....God tells us something entirely different.

-->
Before the creation of the world, I chose you! (Eph. 1:4)
I knew you before I formed you in the womb. (Jer. 1:5)
I created you with such care and wonder. (Psalm 139:14)
I know you completely, inside and out, like no other. (Psalm 139:1-3)
You are the apple of My eye. (Psalm 17:8)
You are beautiful to Me. (Psalm 45:11)
You are radiant and your face is never covered with shame. (Psalm 34:3)
You are a display of My splendor. (Isaiah 61:3)
I have counted every hair on your head. (Luke 12:7)
I rejoice over you with singing. (Zephaniah 3:17)
I surround you with songs of deliverance. (Psalm 32:7)
I hem you in before and behind. (Psalm 139:5)
I watch over your coming and going both now and forever. (Psalm 121)
I redeem your life from the pit. (Psalm 40)
Your name is written on the palms of My hands. (Is. 49:16)
You are a new creation. (2Corinthians 5:17)
I have clothed you in robes of righteousness. (Isaiah 61:10)
You are clothed with strength and dignity. (Proverbs 31:25)
You wear a crown of beauty instead of ashes. (Isaiah 61: 3)
I crown you with love and compassion. (Psalm103:4).
And there is no where you could ever go to escape My love for you. (Psalm 139:7)

We have got to get a hold of WHO we are as His Beloved....His precious daughters....and rest in the security of being HIS.

As I was researching facts on beauty and advertising for my talk, I came across this Youtube video. It is HEART WRENCHING and I wept after I watched it. Please know it is graphic, but it is NOTHING you would not see in a Victoria's Secret commercial on TV. I think sometimes we can so insulate ourselves in the Christian community that we aren't always aware of what is going on in the "world." Many women and young girls are watching secular TV and see these commercials daily. Many watch the reality shows that some of these images came from. God has placed such a burden on my heart for our generation and the next generation of young women.....this is what they face daily. The video is called "Onslaught" and it is very appropriately named.


Lord, may I see myself- the way YOU see me...beautiful in Your eyes.  Quiet the whispers (and shouts) of the world that tell me I must be something else to "be enough."  You love me RIGHT WHERE I AM, no matter what I look like.  In fact, YOU are "enthralled"- spellbound, captivated, "filled with wonder and delight" by ME.  You have called me by name and I am YOURS.  I love You, Jesus.

18 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Bless you so very much for sharing this.

Beth in NC said...

Amen Tracy! I pray God will bring someone who really needs to hear this encouragement to your blog today.

Basking in His love,
Beth

Martianne said...

Wow! What a rich, rich post! I would lvoe a copy of it to keep for myself, and to share with some nieces now and with my daughter as she gets older... Thank you!

Ozjane said...

That was very special and thank you for that wonderful list of verses.
I had a photo taken today and looking at it tonight I thought.......oh dear...and I walk around like that....but God does not see me through those eyes and I shall not always have this body...Praise to His glorious grace.

Anonymous said...

Yes He is! We are so thankful for that!
Ginger and Rena

Victoria said...

That is such an awesome thought--God, intralled with me. Me? Me. That's one awesome Father we have!

Susan said...

Wow...this was awesome!! Thanks so much.

Have a great week and "Happy Mother's Day!"

Missie said...

There is a beauty theme today! I love getting reminded of how beautiful we really are!

The Howell Blessings said...

I would LOVE to read a copy of your talk! I had to chuckle at Luke 12:7 where it says He knows every hair on your head, I added and every hair that is NOT on your head! AFter having being bald due to chemotherapy for many, many months, I am finally getting my hair back. I have asked the Lord to let me have all my hair back!! He know's what I had.. ha! Thank you for having a heart to reach our young women. I too feel like they are and will encounter onslaught like no other generation before them and need to know that they ARE the children of God and what that really means to them. It is something they can stand for and be proud of and let it become their courage to face whatever life throws at them!

God bless you Tracy

Mindy

Carrie said...

Tracy ~

Thanks so much for sharing! So many women struggle with finding their identity in Christ! Your blog is a blessing!

lori said...

You know this is one of my faces!!!
I am downloading it to give to the girls for their Bibles!!
Love you!!

lori said...

You know this is one of my faces!!!
I am downloading it to give to the girls for their Bibles!!
Love you!!

life's journey said...

Thanks for sharing...happy WFW!

Michele said...

What a great post, I must say Im one who has been here and struggle still at times with thinking Im not good enough, pretty eough and so on. I have struggled with eating disorders because of it. Though I try hard now to know that in Gods eyes im perfect and his eyes is all that matters. I still can be hard on myself, and struggle. Im writting these verses down so I can read them everyday. Thank you for posting this it really spoke to me and had me in tears.

Wanda said...

I really enjoyed your post and loving scripture and photo you shared.
God bless you.

Mary said...

Amen girl! I see so many women who are so beat up by the lies of the enemy and society and the media. Well said! Blessings on your day.

Cathy said...

So beautiful, thank you ~ Blessings ~

Joan Davis (Jo) said...

Thank you Tracy! Our world is so focused on our outside appearance that when we feel like we don't measure up, it can be crushing. The verses you shared were/are wonderful! What an encouragement to all of us to remember that God sees straight to our hearts -- where true beauty lies. <3