Mama said there would be days like these!

OK....what a crazy day....

Got up late (set the alarm for PM instead of AM).

Began with a run. Time to be with Him. Worship to awesome praise music. Prayed over my day, it was going to be a busy one. Asked God to be over it all. Told Him I surrendered my time to Him.

Hmmmmmmm.....

Cut beautiful lilies for inside. Went upstairs to wake Ashley for swim practice.

"Mommy, I don't feel good."

"You'll feel better once you wake up and eat a little something. Come on, you can't miss practice." (Unspoken translation: I don't have time for you to be sick today. Have to stick to our plan. )

Took Ashley to practice. Came home to make toast for the rest of the kids. Aaron came running down. "Mom, the bathroom is FLOODED! The water is running!"

Ran upstairs to find 2 inches of water on the floor, water running in the sink, overflowing.....

"No! No! Please help, God!"

Every towel from the linen closet soaking up the flood. (Just washed, dried, folded and put away yesterday.....another mess to clean up).

Run downstairs to make sure water isn't flooding through family room ceiling.

It is.

More towels.

Holding towels to ceiling. Run to get fans!

All the kids pitching in to help.

Soaking water.

Phone rings.

Ashley threw up at the pool.

Andrew, hold the towel while I get Ashley.

Paint chipping off the ceiling.

Tuck in Ashley. Check the ceiling.

Fight with Andrew.

After 2 hours of taking care of flooded bathroom, time to do basics and chores.

Take a shower (still had not from the 7 AM run!)

Walk into the kitchen.....Buddy (the dog) threw up.

Clean it up.

Start on lunch. Oops. Forgot that the pasta was boiling on the stove.

Lord, what a day. (and it's only lunchtime).

Lord, I know there are things that You want to teach me through the trials of life. Days when "everything seems to go wrong"....I know You are there. What is it, God that You want me to learn from all of this?

I sang this morning that I want to depend on You....to trust You. I know that it is so much easier to say, pray, and MEAN when I am running with praise music playing in the ipod.....just me and You, God. No worries. No chores. No tasks. Just me and You on a country road, basking in the beauty of Your nature.

But, when I come home, that is where I have to live it.

When the ceiling floods. When the dog throws up. When life doesn't go how I would like it. This is where I must live it. To choose to surrender to You. To choose to trust in You. To choose to turn to You, depend on You.

I love You, Lord. Thank You, God.

Blessed be Your Name.

And.....I ALWAYS APPRECIATE your prayers! :)

4 thoughts shared....:

Leah Adams said...

Here in the south we would say, "Bless your sweet heart!!" What a day! I hope Ashley is feeling better and the rest of the family doesn't get whatever she has.

I've done the 'let the water run over in the bathroom' thing before. In one apartment I lived in, I turned on the water in the sink and walked away and you know what happened. I forgot about it and next thing I know, the girl downstairs had water running into her apartment!!

Oh well, it wasn't the tragedy I thought it would be. I hope your evening goes better, friend. God is good even when life is tough.

Leah

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

I like your unspoken translation confession. Good of you to be able to do so.

smooches,
Larie

Larie Carlice Proverbs 27:19 said...

I like your unspoken translation confession. Good of you to be able to do so.

smooches,
Larie

Lisa V. said...

Oh my! And I thought this kind of stuff only happened in the movies. I couldn't even finish the post ... I was starting to get stressed! Hope the week has improved and you're holding His hand tight. Hugs.