Thankful Thursday



This week Iris has reminded us of the importance of special friendships for her week of gratitude. I was thinking of a very special friend for my TT....

the Holy Spirit.

Last night, I was honored to come talk to the youth in our church about the Holy Spirit, and who He is to me. My passion is that they would know Him!

Sometimes we can get confused about this part of God. The Holy Spirit is also God! God is made up of the Father, Son (Jesus), and the Holy Spirit. Sometimes, as Christians, we know and love the Father and Jesus, but we forget about the precious gift we have in the Spirit.

The Holy Spirit is God LIVING IN ME! He is the very Presence of God.

He is my Helper. My Counselor. My Friend.

He leads me and guides me.

He comforts me.

He fills me joy unspeakable!

He fills me with boundless love and peace and joy.

I couldn't live without His presence daily!

I pray daily to be sensitive the Holy Spirit.

He is always here whispering to me, gently leading and guiding me.

But, I know that I need to spend time with Him. I need to get still and quiet before Him, or other voices begin to crowd Him out- Satan's, my flesh, TV, the radio, phone calls.....

I am so thankful for the gift of the Holy Spirit!

When Jesus was preparing the disciples for His death, He told them that they would be thankful that He (Jesus) would be leaving them, because when He did, then the Holy Spirit could come. "It is good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you; but if I go, I will send Him to you." And then, Jesus tells them that the Holy Spirit will guide us in all truth. John 16:5-16

"...Having believed, you were marked in Him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit, who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance of those who are God's possession..."
Ephesians 1:13-14

"...If you then now how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in Heaven give the Holy Spirit to those who ask Him!" Luke 11:13

And Paul tells us in Ephesians, "Be filled with the Spirit." (5:18)

And, when we don't even know how to pray, "the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groans that words cannot express!" Romans 8:26

7 thoughts shared....:

Unknown said...

YES - awesome post Tracy! Oh for the youth of America to understand Who the Holy Spirit is - the power of Him inside of them and who He works faithfully and restlessly on their behalf!

Beautiful post!

In His amazing grace,
Jill

Laurie Ann said...

Thank you for the reminder of the blessing of the Holy Spirit, God in us. It's very humbling to have Him dwell within us, being our trusted Friend, Counselor, Conscience and Confidant. Good teaching, Tracy! Awesome post. May you have a Happy Thankful Thursday.

Denise said...

Wonderful thankful post sweetie.

WHITEShadow said...

Thanks for your blog. It is very inspiring. Thanks for the good thoughts and sharing your faith.

Carmen said...

Yes, indeed...HE is the very Breath of ADONAI!

Shalom!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

Oh, I am so thankful for Romans 8:26 because there are times I do not know what to pray. Thank you for the great post! May you have a great Friday!

Anonymous said...

Isn't it just the greatest feeling in the world to be filled with the Holy Spirit. All praise, honor and glory to Him!