Thankful Thursday



I am thankful for posting late on Thankful Thursday!


Why, you wonder?


Well.....first because I am late due to a crazy morning! (Will tell you about it in a minute..) But, also because I spoke at a MOPS group this morning. If you would like to learn more about MOPS, or Mothers of Preschoolers, click here.


I am thankful for the incredible opportunity to share my beautiful Jesus with these precious women.


I am SO thankful for the organization MOPS, which connects women with other women who have young children. It gives them an opportunity to meet with other "grown-ups" a couple of times a month, fellowship, do a craft together, and listen to a speaker. Because they offer childcare, mothers are able to have a couple of hours of uninterrupted, "Mommy" time.


Today, I am thankful for a crazy morning. You know, one of those "every thing that COULD go wrong, DID go wrong" mornings!!!!!!


One thing that I haven't mentioned is that since the end of September, we have been "doing life" with 1 van (Brian's brakes went out)- which means taking the kids early to school, taking Brian to work (15 min. drive each way), picking him up, or getting him at lunch, HIM bringing me home, and me walking to school to walk kids home...... It hasn't been too bad, just a little hectic.


So, today, because I am speaking, I need to "get ready."


Andrew is the 1st one out the door. He came downstairs carrying Abigail, who had an EXPLODING poopy diaper. What timing, Abigail! Didn't have time for that!


I had forgotten to put Andrew's jeans in the dryer! OOPS! Got them in quickly.


Now, Andrew missed the BUS.... That means I have to run him to school quickly.


When I checked on the girls to make sure they were on time and on track, I noticed that Buddy, our Golden Doodle monster dog had eaten the kids' breakfast- scrambled egg sandwiches- off of the counter!


AAHH! Make another QUICK breakfast (do oatmeal raisin cookies count as breakfast? Oatmeal.....raisins....hmmmm)


Get the garbage out- it's garbage morning!


Take Andrew and get home before Brian panics- he can't be late for work!!!!!


WOW! But, on the way to Andrew's school, I realized that the devil was trying to STEAL the joy from our day- especially me getting ready to speak in less than 2 hours! He wanted me to be flustered and stressed.


I LAUGHED! I told Andrew what I was thinking and we prayed over our morning. I explained to Andrew that because I have the Holy Spirit living inside of me, I have the fruit of the Spirit- love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control! He that is in me (Jesus) is greater than ani of the devil's schemes! I didn't have to get upset! I didn't have to lose my temper! I didn't have to scream! I chose to laugh! I chose to WALK in the Spirit and not the FLESH! It had NOTHING to do with ME, but all to do with HIM!


Lord, thank You for Your Holy Spirit! Thank You that when we walk in the Spirit, the fruit of Your Spirit flourishes! Thank You that You offer me peace and joy, no matter what irritating circumstances the devil will bring against me!

Thank You God!


Please visit Iris for more thanksgiving!


4 thoughts shared....:

Laurie Ann said...

I loved your post! What Satan meant for bad in the hectic schedule, God used for good - an incredible teaching opportuntity for your child was given! So glad you didn't lose your joy and that the MOPS went well. Happy Thankful Thursday!

Denise said...

I loved this post, bless you.

Anonymous said...

Great to be thankful even amongst the chaos!

Alicia The Snowflake said...

What a great lesson, made even more special by the fact that you could share it with your son. I am glad you had a good day after all! Have a great Friday!