Thankful Thursday




Today is the "Day of Atonement" in the Jewish calendar.

On this day of the year, the Jewish priest would bring the lamb and lay hands on it, confessing all the sins and putting the sins on it. There was a bull sacrificed to take away the sin of the priest and a lamb sacrificed to take away the sin of the people. And, there was a lamb let go into the wilderness, a scapegoat, in case they had forgotten any sins....


I was reading Numbers and Leviticus this morning with all of the Law...


I am so thankful that Jesus came and BECAME sin for the forgiveness of my sin. He was the perfect sacrifice. We no longer live under the Law, but we live under grace.


Jesus has done it all.


He has taken away the sin we are aware of AND the sin (like the scapegoat) we aren't even aware of...


He has forgiven ALL.....


I am so thankful for Jesus.


I am so thankful that I live under grace and not law.


My true Thankful Thursday is contained down below in

"Wow! God is so AMAZING!"

Please take a minute to scroll down to read.....I am so thankful for this encounter. Please pray for James!

6 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Amen sweetie, love you.

Anonymous said...

Great post. I am learning so much as I read the Old Testament.

I am thankful for Jesus too!

Happy TT!

Kathryn said...

Once again, my well-watered friend, we are on the same page! My post was about Yom Kippur and law versus grace, too.

Thanks, as always, for your discerning writing. :-)

Marsha said...

Oh Tracy, Thank you for this wonderful post!

Blessings to you this day.

Anonymous said...

i'm grateful for having Jesus. and yes, God is so amazing.

Peggy said...

Blessings once more Tracy...Still trying to catch up while I can! Thanks for your visit to mine!

I'm thankful for the reminder of the Atonement...when we were at-one with Jesus because of His sacrifice! I'm so thankful as you wrote that JESUS has done it all! You showed James & now the seed is planted, I pray it is being watered. You took a complex scripture from OT and broke it down
for anyone to understand & I'm so thankful also we are under His grace & not the law. Thank you Jesus & Tracy for sharing!!!