Word-filled Wednesday

As I continue to wait for a new computer, I am re-posting one of my favorite Word-Filled Wednesday posts. I pray it blesses you....


I love the book of Esther. In this passage, Esther had just learned about Haman's plan (and the King's involvement) to annihilate the Jewish people. Esther, the Queen, was a Jew, but had kept this secret. No one, except her uncle Mordecai, also a Jew, knows her secret.

Mordecai comes to Esther, asking for her help as Queen. He asks that she go into the King's presence to beg for mercy for her people.


This may not sound like a big deal, but it was against the law to come into the King's presence without first being invited. And, the punishment is DEATH! The only exception is if the King extends his golden scepter to the person.


When Esther reminds Mordecai of this, he wisely reminds her that the Jews are God's people. God will deliver them, one way or another. But, how do you know Esther that THIS isn't the reason you are here in the first place? Is it possible, Esther that God has placed you in the palace for exactly this purpose? For such a time as this?


Well, we find out that God has placed Esther there for this purpose and saves the Jewish people through her.


Esther is a reminder to us of God's Sovereignty. God works through our circumstances and has a plan and purpose for us.


I love Esther because it reminds us, that we too are here, on planet earth at this time, in this generation ON PURPOSE. God is working through us to accomplish all that He needs to accomplish right here, right now.


It is not an accident that you are living where you are, when you are. God has a plan for you in this generation.


So...who knows but that you have come to your position for such a time as this?










21 thoughts shared....:

Kristi said...

I can hardly wait for Beth Moore's study on Esther. It's going to be wonderful! Thanks for sharing this WFW today. Blessings!

Deanna said...

I am no Esther, but I have definitely been in a situation that has called me to "step out". Thanks for this wonderful Scripture this morning.

Joyfull said...

I also love the book of Esther. It is a great reminder that God is in control of every circumstance, time and event. Thanks for sharing.

~Amy~ said...

Royality..... I love that but also have a hard time grasping the idea of it.... thanks for sharing.

Kellie said...

nice post. I love Esther as well.

Anonymous said...

For such a time as this -

What a great reminder that God is at work in every situation and we need to be ready to respond.

Lorri said...

This is a great verse...I love Esther too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I love the book of Esther! For such a time as this. Beautiful encouragement to do the hard thing...

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful picture and verse. Such talent! I love the post, too. Thank you so much for the encouraging reminder that we are here now because God wants us here now.

GranthamLynn said...

Absolutely lovely post. Thanks so much for sharing it and reminding us that we all have a purpose.
I heard a new song this week that also reminds me. I'll share it Sat. on my Then Sings My Soul post.
Thanks so much for reminding me of Esther story.
I hope you have a Blessed day.
Sherry

Joy @ Joy Of Desserts said...

Great crown. That illustrates the verse very nicely.

Denise said...

Thanks for this sweetie.

Tricia said...

I love the story of Esther, thanks for sharing about it and putting it fresh in my thoughts again... and I love the way you illustrated that verse!

Blessings!

lori said...

Hey there! YOU aren't going to believe this...I'm doing a girls Bible Study (11-15) on Friday's in our homeschool group and each week we are looking into a woman in the Bible...guess who was first! ESTHER!

I'm going to grab this and copy it for my girls...maybe onto magnets if I can find where I've stashed the magnet paper! I LOVE it!!!

How cool is that! They will have a little treasure to take home and remind them....that they are HERE for such a time as this!!
THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!
love ya girl!
lori

Michele Williams said...

Beautiful post. Thank you so much for sharing. I really needed this. God bless you dear.

Nancie said...

Beautiful picture and very encouraging verse, Tracy. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us. The book of Ruth has always encouraged me. God's sovereignty is wonderfully displayed in Ruth's life. Thanks for the precious reminder that we too are here, on planet earth at this time, in this generation ON PURPOSE. God has a purpose for us here. Take care and God bless!

Stacy@hiswaynotmine said...

I, too, love Esther and all that she reminds us of....God's provision and going before us in all times and circumstances...everything is part of His eternal plan for His eternal purposes. That she was obedient....may we all be obedient to God's voice. Thanks for the reminder. Lovely posting.

In Christ-Stacy

Amydeanne said...

lol okay I didn't want to be put here right now! lol how's that?
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this was for me.. today...

Autumn E. Keel said...

Thank you for posting this.....it was also for me too. Reminds me I'm not yet finished here....although it will be soon! LOL I'm *trying* to move....
Happy WFW!

In Christ,
Audie

Chelle said...

Glad you reposted, it's a good one!!!

Gina said...

Hi tracy. I have missed you! I wanted to let you know I've started writing again. Hope we can chat soon!!!