Word-filled Wednesday

I have recently written two posts about God filling our THIRST and our HUNGER.... So, I thought I would repost this Word-Filled Wednesday in honor of God satisfying our souls....
Please visit me at Laced with Grace today to read a devotion about moldy bread!


Yummy!


I love anything with chocolate or whipped cream...


My soul is always yearning for something to satisfy it also.


What I have learned is that when I try to fill the longings of my soul with FOOD or shopping
or praise of man
or material possessions
or activities...


I remain hungry.


Why?


Because only God can truly satisfy the cravings of our heart.
Listen to the cry of the psalmist:
"O God, you are my God,
earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for
you,
my body longs for you,
in a dry and weary land
where there is no water.
2 I have seen you in the sanctuary
and beheld your power and your
glory. 3 Because your love is better than life,
my lips will glorify you.
4 I will praise you as long as I live,
and in your name I will lift up my hands.
5 My soul will be satisfied as with the richest of foods;
with singing lips my mouth
will praise you
."


Only God can satisfy us. Only His love will fill the empty places of our souls.
Fill up on Him!




Please visit AmyDeanne for more Word-y Encouragement! It will be yummy, but NO calories!



21 thoughts shared....:

Anonymous said...

That was just too yummy of an image! Praise God and His word that both sustains and keeps us hungry for more!

A happy heart at home said...

Great pic! I really enjoyed your post. Thanks.

~Susan

Denise said...

Awesome picture and scripture my friend.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful illustration and thoughts to go with this scripture. have a soul satisfying day with Him! (And by all means have some chocolate, too)

Tracy said...

Amen, my friend! What an awesome scripture. You are so right that trying to fill our need for Christ with anything else will only leave us hungry. Beautiful!

That photo is making me hungry!

Thanks for your sweet comments last night! = )

Blessings, my friend!
Tracy

Kristi said...

That is so true...only God can satisfy. Blessings to you!

Tanja said...

Love, love, love this. I cracked up at first because the words matched the picture so perfectly. But then I got serious, because your words afterwards are so true. Nothing satisfies like Jesus.

lori said...

LOVE it!!!!

I absolutely.....LOVE IT!!!!
If only I had smell-O-computer...

What a great message too....
it would make a great t-shirt...hungry?
try Jesus...:)

love it...
lori

~Amy~ said...

Now that would satisfy and bring misery. But worth every bite. Love the picture and verse together. Thanks for sharing.

Leaon Mary said...

I know it's true, and ONLY God can "really" satisfy us, but
NOW I HAVE TO GO WIPE THE DROOL off my monitor!* My flesh is so weak!-
I'm pitiful.
Lea
<*)))><

Lorri said...

Wow...that is a great looking breakfast. Great verse too! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to go eat now! :)

Laurie Ann said...

Great post, and so true, my friend. God alone can truly satisfy us. Yummy picture, beautiful Scripture! Happy WFW.

Katie said...

So true!

Thanks for sharing!

I think I'm hungry....:)

Melanie said...

Hi, Tracy. What great truth you speak with this post. Happens to me everytime... we I try to fill my soul with something other than God's, I remain hungry. Seek God and that hunger is gone in an instant!

Happy WFW!

Jenelle said...

Oh, that looks delicious. Great post!

Amydeanne said...

lol i'm so glad God's word is a "no calorie" event!! Great posts!

and your trip looked like it was amazing! what a lovely family you have! I have a friend who just came back from Chicago too and she did almost the same thing you guys did too! Wild!

Amanda said...

Amen! Amen! Amen! This is a truly beautiful truth...I am satisfied with nothing or no one except my Lord. I'm happy to meet others online who feel the same way. I wish meeting Christians in person were as easy as it is online. I'll be back...your blog title attracted me...I'm always thirsty for more of HIM!

Susan said...

Wow, this was great, and oh my looks so yummy.

What great thoughts for this post.

Happy WFW♥

HennHouse said...

Great photo, verse, and thoughts. Thanks for sharing.

Denise said...

Amen sweetie.

lori said...

I LOVED this when you did it the first time...some are even BETTER as a "second helping!"

HUGS...WHEN are ya'll moving to georgia???

:)

peace!
lori