Who Is Jesus?....I AM Part 1

Who was Jesus?
Who is Jesus?


Jesus said several times,
"I Am...."


Jesus said, "I am the Bread of Life. He who comes to me will never go hungry and he who believes in me will never be thirsty." -John 6:35

Jesus said this right after the miracle of feeding 5,000 people. I love that! They had been hungry and He had fed them with earthly food, then He gives them the Real Food- Himself! They had experienced hunger and were fed with bread, but He tells them that He is the Bread of Life. He tells US that He is this bread....


Are you hungry?

Jesus can fill you.

Are you lonely?
Do you need love?
Do you need energy?
Do you need hope?
Do you need faith?
Come, eat of the Bread of Life and be filled.
Be satisfied.

Jesus said that when we fill up on Him, have a relationship with Him, we will not go hungry. He says when we believe in Him we will never be thirsty again.

Jesus met with a woman and said something very similar. While talking to the Samaritan woman at the well, (John 4) Jesus talks about “living water.” He points out the “world’s” water- the water of the well, and says, “Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again.”
Isn't that true with our “water”? Food, possessions, praise from man, material possessions, or watching TV never satisfies us. We continually want more and more. Our desire becomes insatiable, sometimes consuming us. The more we have, the more we want! Jesus tells the woman at the well, “ But, whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. Indeed, the water I give him will become in him a spring of water welling up to eternal life.” (John 4:14)
Doesn’t that water sound so much more refreshing? Not only will our initial thirst be quenched, but we will have a SPRING bubbling, flowing within us! Not a glass of water, a drop of water, but a source of water. You will never, never be thirsty again! Jesus says in John 7:37-38, “If anyone is thirsty, let him come to me and drink. Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, streams of living water will flow from within him.”

Lord, thank You for being my daily bread. When I pray the Lord's prayer and pray, "Give us today our daily bread," I am praying for my needs of the day, but I am also praying for You, Jesus! I want You, Jesus to be my "daily bread"! I want to be filled, satisfied with You. Lord, You say when I fill up on You, I will never go hungry. Thank You! Jesus, You said Your bread was to the do the will of the Father. Lord, I want that to be my bread, also! I want to do Your will! Lord, fill my desires, my needs, my hopes, my fears, fill everything I am with You! Thank You that you are my Bread from Heaven- my everything! I love You, Lord! I love You, Jesus!

First posted April 2008

4 thoughts shared....:

Tracee Sioux, Sioux Ink: Soul Purpose Publishing said...

This woman of God thought you, as a woman of God, would be interested in reading this article about another woman of God: http://www.cbn.com/CBNnews/334482.aspx

There's an audio of the interview too.

Tracy Berta-daughter to the King, wife, mother, speaker, writer said...

Glad you stopped by Tracee! I'll check it out.......

Have a wonderful weekend.

Blessings!

Amydeanne said...

great posts, and one of my favorite videos!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

What a beautiful post! It is so true that we try and fill up our loneliness, etc... with other things like t.v. and so on, when only sitting with Jesus can fill our real needs. His love is amazing!

Lee Ann