Dying



Jesus was sharing here that He was about to die and rise again. He begins the passage with "The hour has come for you to see the Son of Man glorified." He is reassuring them ( the disciples) and US that to LIVE, we must die. When Jesus died on the cross and was resurrected, He produced many seeds. I love that Jesus uses the example of the wheat. It falls to the ground and dies, but then it grows in the soil, producing many more seeds. He uses this example to illustrate what will happen to Him, but then, extends it to us.

We must die to live.

Die to our flesh.

Die to our own selfish desires.

Die to sin.

And......LIVE.

Jesus continue by saying, "The man who loves his life will lose it, while the man who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. Whoever serves me must follow me; and where I am, my servant will be also. My father will honor the one who serves me."
Aren't those amazing promises?

When we DIE, we LIVE.

When we serve, we are honored by GOD!

Whoever hates his life here....whoever turns away from the pull of the world, lives a life set apart, whoever does not conform to the patterns of this world...
will keep it for eternal life.

21 thoughts shared....:

Denise said...

Awesome WFW.

Sweet Blessings said...

I love reading your blog:)
I just wanted you to know that I'm able to share a give-away for a great scripture memory program- I thought you might appreciate it. Please check it out if you'd like to:) Blessings! Amanda

Angela said...

When we DIE, we LIVE.
amen amen amen..dying to the flesh, dying to our will, dying to our wants...He must increase, we must decrease...Thanks for sharing.

Mary Moss said...

Amazing promises, indeed! Great lesson here:-)

Susan said...

Wow, great verse and picture to go with it.

Yes, everything with the Lord is just the opposite of what the world tells us.

Dying to live always!!!

Chris said...

wow, nice photo with a great verse! thanks for the reminder...

Tracy said...

What an awesome WFW! Especially fitting for the season of Lent. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Tracy

P.S. Cute family pics!

Tracy said...

What an awesome WFW! Especially fitting for the season of Lent. Thank you for sharing!

Blessings,
Tracy

P.S. Cute family pics!

God Chaser said...

What a wonderful message to bring to our spirits today. Thank you for reminding me to live is to die. Blessings for a WFW and may the joy of the Lord be yours today.

Vikki Wright said...

We're studying Beth Moore's 'Living Beyond Yourself', and I'm getting fresh revelation on just how much I have to die to self in order to live in the Spirit. Thank you for the inspirational post, and great WW photos! Bless you!

Laurie Ann said...

Beautiful, Tracy. I love the picture, the Scripture and the post. This reminds of the verse about how we are crucified with Christ and yet we live, not us, but He who lives within us. Not by our own power but His. Oh, Amen!!! Happy WFW!

lori said...

oh, oh, oh, oh, OH....This just speaks to me...goes right along with mine:) no surprises there! In order to be a light, we have to allow the LIGHT to penetrate the darkness...and we have to die to self...

LOVING it...I'm still waiting for Amy to add that button...
I've downloaded the study and HOPEFULLY I'll dive in tonight...:)
hugs,
lori

Michele Williams said...

Great picture and verse! Very good post...

Katie said...

What a great verse, picture and promise God has given us.

Alexis said...

WONDERFUL WFW post!! Thanks for sharing this.

Amydeanne said...

one of my favorite verses Tracy! love the way you illustrated it!

Amanda said...

I love this message, thank you... I am amazed at how He dove tails messages, from blog to blog. He is speaking, we just need to listen.

Happy WFW! God bless you...

Heather said...

Amen! Thank you for the reminder! Seems a lot of my blog friends are learning how to die to live again!

My Mad World said...

I love this WFW!!! Great picture and love the way you did the graphics on it! Really emphasizes it well!! Just beautiful!

lori said...

Girl.....die and live....
You know it! I know it! We strive to LIVE it!!

love you!!
(hope you got my email yesterday about how we were clearly separated at birth...! )

lori

From the Heart said...

A great truth to be reminded of.